PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

2007 Escalade U0155

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2024 | 11:09 PM
TECH Junkie
10 Year Member

Default 2007 Escalade U0155

Just wanted to dump this somewhere to maybe help some other poor schmuck 10 years from now with the same issue
2007 escalade, one day dash just randomly dead...or nearly dead. Check engine light would still illuminate with key on before starting.

After basic diag I searched high and low for a forum post with the easy fix and even sunk so low as watching youtube mechanics and had zero luck...the internet is nearly useless for help with this code.

I jumped down the can bus rabbit hole and got lost...wasn't the issue.
Ended up being a bad fuse box/board. If you're familiar with the GMT900 underhood fuse box you know what I mean.
The fuse for the IPC (instrument panel cluster) was good...voltage and test light confirmed. This is full time power to the cluster...pin 1 red/white stripe.
Next to it is pin 2, pink, that is key on power
With fuse testing good, I Foolishly moved on in the diag process without tearing the dash apart and checking for power at the harness connector.

Long story short, there was a break in the fuse box...no power to pin 1...the full time power pin. test it at the dash harness pigtail and confirmed no power.
Jumpered temporarily and dash was all back to normal.

So...if you are fighting this...I hope this post helps you in the future.
If you aren't dealing with this, I hope it gets shuffled to the bottom of this forum and nobody has to read it again

Should be similar if you have issues on any GMT900...chevy/gmc/cadillac...tahoe/suburban/yukon/escalade
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (08-14-2024)

Quick Reply: 2007 Escalade U0155