New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car seems to Buck Back n Forth

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car seems to Buck Back n Forth

Just purchased a modified 2002 Camaro SS. Modifications copied from original add are as follows -
Nice car, 15k in extras. Is6, 6-speed w/ Pro-5.0 shifter & Pistol grip, TS stage 3 & valve train, TS headers, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Nitrous plate Lingenfelter 2stage & retard, cold air set up, Line lock, Lakewood 90:10 struts front, 5x17 chrome forged Race Star rims w/MT flame tread 26 6 17s matching 10x17 rims w/MT 305 40 17s rear, QP 9" Yukon posi 4:56, can cruise at 70-75 @ 1500rpm, 440 pump in tank, boxed frame connectors, Adj. LCAs, Panhard & torque arm, cold a/c, excellent heat, t-tops no leaks, black leather power drivers seat, keyless entry securitsecurity. Car was tuned at a pro shop with paperwork.
. Anyways, the car seems to start bucking back and forth when either first starting out or driving in lower rpms with light throttle. Stop lights and heavy slow stop n go traffic are the worst. Sometimes the bucking makes me look like a rookie operating a manual transmission. I've owned several manual cars and trucks over the years but none of them would seem to act like this. If I give it a little more gas, reving higher and slowly slip the clutch. Then it won't do it or not as bad. What are some things that would make it operate like it does? I did notice the throttle cable when not pressed has some slack in it but that's really the only thing I've noticed. Also I hear a thud sound that seems to come from the passenger rear side of car. Amy idea to check for this is also greatly appreciated.

Last edited by WiscoLad; Yesterday at 10:48 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Cold air set up? These cars had cold air from the factory. I hope someone didn’t waste money on an open air element.

Have the tune checked first before trying to diagnose the problem. That’s now a small cam and those are your everyday mods, it could just be a **** tune.

Quick Reply: Car seems to Buck Back n Forth