Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2005 gto ls2

Search this Thread

Old Today, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 gto ls2

I have a customer that brought me this vehicle from another shop. Its supposed to be a 408 .. Currently throwing the p0016 code. The reluctor wheel is 24x with a black crank sensor " have confirmed with scope" . I have swapped in the correct cam gear "single pulse" with new timing set still throws the code with zero signal from the sensor " New from GM". If I install the 4 pulse cam gear with with new 4x sensor it reads cam rpm its just way high like crank is 1200 rpm to the cam rpm 6500. I have tested the harness all 3 wires ohm to 4 . And the ecm is receiving the signal . I'm at a loss here and dont understand what's going on . Sorry if this needs to be moved , I'm new but at a loss . I have read till I'm blue in the face and cant make any sense of what happening here .
Old Today, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 265 Likes on 174 Posts

Is the reluctor installed correctly on the crankshaft? If it is clocked incorrectly or if the runout of the wheel isn't within spec, then you're gonna have a bad time.
Old Today, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no way of knowing the engine is currently still in the car. It was built by a local engine builder. it is centered in the hole for the sensor , that's about all I can say at the moment .

Quick Reply: 2005 gto ls2