PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Help with softening up a 1-2 shift with HPTuners

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 289 Likes on 190 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Question Help with softening up a 1-2 shift with HPTuners

This is in a 2008 Silverado 5.3 (my old, and now EX-tow vehicle)

A few years back, maybe 3, I had to get the 4L60E rebuilt. Builder has done several "race" rebuilds for me, and has also done dozens of stock rebuilds for me as a fleet mechanic.

Transmission has all (at the time) updates and upgrades for a vehicle used to tow, including a billet, lockup converter.
Builder told me to set all transmission settings back to stock, which I did.

The truck shifts firm, and will actually bark the tires into 2nd gear, most every time you try/want it to, but since truck is now owned by my son, he's been unhappy with it being so harsh at times, and especially when it is raining or wet roads, the truck will slide sideways, of course, mostly when not prepared for it to happen, lol.

Can someone steer me in the right direction, or offer any suggestions, as far as taming down ONLY the low RPM/low TPS shifts?
My current (new) job doesn't allow me to simply stop by shop and ask his suggestion, and this has been ongoing for a year, since I bought new (to me) truck.

I'm not asking for a handout, I just don't want to risk making a change that risks hurting the transmission.

Appreciate any guidance.
Attached Files
Old Today, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Does your receipt for the transmission include a list of parts that were used? Could be a Corvette servo with a different spring causing this.
Old Today, 02:58 PM
7 Second Club

Received 333 Likes on 224 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Looking at the file all pressures and shift times are stock, personally I would not lower anything in the tune. If it's really hammering down that much going into 2nd and barking the tires I would be pulling pressure our mechanically. The easiest thing would be to probably replace the servo with a new stock servo, assuming they put a Corvette servo when it was rebuilt. That's usually the culprit of an aggressive 1-2 shift, that and maybe they went a bit crazy on the separator plate.

Quick Reply: Help with softening up a 1-2 shift with HPTuners