Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch disengagement issues

Search this Thread

Old Today, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch disengagement issues

Finally got my lq9/t56 project on the road yesterday. Drove it to work today and while looking things over I noticed the clutch reservoir was slightly lower than I would have liked to see, so I topped it off. Since then, I can no longer disengage the clutch. Bled the system countless times and got no more air out.

I can shift into any gear with the car off, but not running. If I put it in gear while off then start it, the car tries to roll, showing the clutch is still engaged slightly.

Ls7 clutch
New stock slave, maybe 25 miles on it now
Tick master cylinder

My plan is to tow it home and pull the trans. Maybe a failed/bad slave, bad pilot bearing(maybe I damaged during install?)

Is it ironic timing with adding fluid to the reservoir?

Please help
Old Today, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 324 Likes on 246 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

It's not bled all the way, still air in it. For it to drop fluid level you have a leak somewhere. Pilot Bearing is not the issue.

If you installed a Speed Bleeder they help greatly, if you didn't then install one if you have to pull things back apart.
Old Today, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
It's not bled all the way, still air in it. For it to drop fluid level you have a leak somewhere. Pilot Bearing is not the issue.

If you installed a Speed Bleeder they help greatly, if you didn't then install one if you have to pull things back apart.
I do have a speed bleeder installed, ill keep trying to bleed it.

No fluid anywhere that I can see leaking. But like I said, it's barely been driven.

Quick Reply: Clutch disengagement issues