Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

4 speed swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4 speed swap

I posted this a month ago and didnt get any responces in the transmission forum... so maybe there some people in here that can give me a little advice.I have been leaning more and more towards swaping out the old T56 for a Tex Racing T101A (im going with this brand because I have an unlimited supply of parts as well as a complete unit)I have seen some info on Mcleod conversion bell housings (this trans uses same pattern as a jerico or t10) I would think the adjustable master offered by Mcleod would work but im not to sure about the other componets like the slave and throw out.. Another big thing is the amount of set back in the shifter and being that it sits of to the side of the trans where does it end up in the car... speedometer conversion dosent appear to be a big deal I can by a reluctor ring and pick up kit from Yank.. it should mount nicely in the tailshaft housing.. so if anyone has any imput I would appreciate it.. TIA
Old 02-11-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I know is that lakewood makes the bellhousing for that but as far as all the hydraulics ,good question, if and when I go to a Jerico I will go to an all manual clutch rod set up. Just like stock eliminator guys are doing. As far as the shifter no more console it will be right next to the seat. The thing I always do is measure where I want the shifter and the tell the tranny company where I want it and usually the have different holes on the case to move the shifter back and forth a good 8".
Old 02-18-2005, 02:09 PM
SSU Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call SAM (www.samracing.com), they run or have run a Jerico road-race 4-spd in their car.

Quick Reply: 4 speed swap