Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Braided radiator hose?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Braided radiator hose?

I wasn't sure where to post this but I figured the older engine crowd was the most likely to have braided radiator hoses.

SO, my question is where can I find the fittings and hose for upper and lower radiator hoses?

Also does the radiator need to be fabbed diffrently from the maker to accept the fittings or will an off the shelf rad work? What size fittings are you guys using?

I'm setting up my 97 and I'm going with a vertical radiator. I'm using a griffin.

Thanks

~Jim~
Old 02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm using a Howe radiator and I thought about going with braided lines. It was going to be close to $300 after having -16AN fittings welded to the radiator and for the hose, & fittings. I went with Goodyear flexible hoses instead. You can purchase all you need including the aluminum -16AN weld on fittings for the radiator from Jegs/Summit.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Thats eventually the conclussion that I came to.

I'm going to go with a regular rubber hose then wrap it in this braid look alike sleath. They have hose clamp covers that look like AN fittings.

Cheaper way to do it but you get the same end result sort of.

~Jim~

Quick Reply: Braided radiator hose?