Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

plastic mpfi bbc intake, anyone know what this is from? injector size?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default plastic mpfi bbc intake, anyone know what this is from? injector size?

I picked this up at my local speed shop. Its for rectangle port big block chevy. It also will accept a LT1/TPI type thortttle body, and has place for GM map sensor to bolt ot side of it. These use a GM TBI-700 side feed type fuel injector with 6 small holes in the botttom.

Other then that I don't have a clue what this came from. I'm sure it was marine.
Attached Thumbnails plastic mpfi bbc intake, anyone know what this is from? injector size?-intake_injectors.jpg   plastic mpfi bbc intake, anyone know what this is from? injector size?-100_3233.jpg   plastic mpfi bbc intake, anyone know what this is from? injector size?-100_3231.jpg   plastic mpfi bbc intake, anyone know what this is from? injector size?-100_3230.jpg  
Old 12-19-2023, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Composite Tunnel Ram

Originally Posted by busta9876
I picked this up at my local speed shop. Its for rectangle port big block chevy. It also will accept a LT1/TPI type thortttle body, and has place for GM map sensor to bolt ot side of it. These use a GM TBI-700 side feed type fuel injector with 6 small holes in the botttom.

Other then that I don't have a clue what this came from. I'm sure it was marine.
Did you ever figure out what that intake was? Did you ever end up using it? Im very curious about it, looks to be a Ramjet 502 prototype. I know this is a very old thread but hopefully the OP is still on here.
Old 12-19-2023, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No never for certain what it is from exactly. I've talked to many over the years and what I understand gm wanted to ventured into marine performance world and maybe decided not to try to compete with Mercury Marine (which was using their engines already. So best guess it was some sort of marine prototype intake from GM. I still have the intake.

-Brendan
Old 12-19-2023, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake

Would you be interested in selling it? Im trying to put together a BBC intake manifold shootout for Marine-based engines with wet exhaust. I want to test the Accel Stealth and Accel Super Ram and modified Mercruiser MPI intakes and the Edelbrock PRO Flo. The only problem I see with that one is the fuel rail and injector setup. How much does that thong weigh?
Old 12-19-2023, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrholshot
Would you be interested in selling it? Im trying to put together a BBC intake manifold shootout for Marine-based engines with wet exhaust. I want to test the Accel Stealth and Accel Super Ram and modified Mercruiser MPI intakes and the Edelbrock PRO Flo. The only problem I see with that one is the fuel rail and injector setup. How much does that thong weigh?
I think I'll hold on to it...it doesn't eat anything and would never replace it... Thanks for the interest.

Quick Reply: plastic mpfi bbc intake, anyone know what this is from? injector size?