Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Bbc zz572

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bbc zz572

Hi -does any of you gearheads know if this swap is possible into a my 4th Gen F-Body given the LS1s recessed packaging in the engine bay. I do plan on adding a BMR Tubular K-Member if that will make a difference in engine clearance. I really want this motor but not if it'll be a nightmare or headache to make it fit.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Attached Thumbnails Bbc zz572-zz572_620_mg_1.jpg  
Old 11-20-2009, 05:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would fit better in my wife's 71 Camaro. I think you just need to ship it down here and let me put it to use.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Teching In

That swap will be tough, that 572 is a tall deck block its .400 higher than a std. block, just the height diff isnt as much of a problem as the fact that the cylinder heads come up AND out,plus the exhaust ports are raised over what a old-school bbc head is. You will have header clearance problems that will be frustrating, you need at least a 2 1/4 '' primary header tube size with that large a motor.............a friend put a 522 bbc in a 94 firebird drag-radial car, and i can yell ya.............real tight fit!! For what that 572 costs , you could build a 460'' small block that would be lots easier, and still be way different
Old 11-22-2009, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cambirdracing
It would fit better in my wife's 71 Camaro. I think you just need to ship it down here and let me put it to use.
UH No! LOLOL!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by quick77
That swap will be tough, that 572 is a tall deck block its .400 higher than a std. block, just the height diff isnt as much of a problem as the fact that the cylinder heads come up AND out,plus the exhaust ports are raised over what a old-school bbc head is. You will have header clearance problems that will be frustrating, you need at least a 2 1/4 '' primary header tube size with that large a motor.............a friend put a 522 bbc in a 94 firebird drag-radial car, and i can yell ya.............real tight fit!! For what that 572 costs , you could build a 460'' small block that would be lots easier, and still be way different
SOUNDS LIKE A REAL MotherFu*ker to do-Think I'll take ur advice & buy a LS motor from SLP, Livernois or somebody and save myself the aggravation & money to accomadate-DAMN-i was really hoping for a fix.

THANK YOU
Old 11-23-2009, 06:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SHORTZ A KILLA
SOUNDS LIKE A REAL MotherFu*ker to do-Think I'll take ur advice & buy a LS motor from SLP, Livernois or somebody and save myself the aggravation & money to accomadate-DAMN-i was really hoping for a fix.

THANK YOU

See, I told you it was easier to ship it to me and let me put it to use, haha.
Shoot, I would send her 489 back to you.

Quick Reply: Bbc zz572