Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Question on cam lifts effect on performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on cam lifts effect on performance

I have a 383 solid roller. Not sure on the exact cam specs but I really like the way the car sounds and drives. I am about to install AFR 210 eliminators and was wondering If I cam doctored my cam and used the same duration/lsa but added extra lift and faster ramp rates if it would effect performance AND will it effect the way the car drives? I know these heads like lift and theoretically If you open the valeves more and faster you should pickup power right?
Old 07-13-2010, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dolf
I have a 383 solid roller. Not sure on the exact cam specs but I really like the way the car sounds and drives. I am about to install AFR 210 eliminators and was wondering If I cam doctored my cam and used the same duration/lsa but added extra lift and faster ramp rates if it would effect performance AND will it effect the way the car drives? I know these heads like lift and theoretically If you open the valeves more and faster you should pickup power right?
I put bigger heads on my car and more lift 1.7 from 1.5 also lowered compression 12.5 to 10.7 and the car is a dog. It had 10 inches of vacuum before now it's at 6. I had to buy a pump for the brakes. The bigger lift will make the power come in later so if you have a huge stall I would do it.

Quick Reply: Question on cam lifts effect on performance