Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Machineist help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Machineist help please!!!

I have a set of Eagle I beam rods with forged pistons I got in a trade deal. I would like to use the pistons for my 406 build but the rods are rated at 500 and I should make nearly 575hp on motor and gonna have a single plate kit as well.

Would like to go to a h beam rod but the I beam rods are press fit and the pistons aren't for floating rods either.

I was wondering if there are anyone who offer press fit h beam rods or if the set of pistons could be machined for a set of spiro locks and mill the wrist pins a little narrower??

I am not really worried about having bushed rods the motor should see peek power around 6500rpm.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Help please.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldsmobility85
I have a set of Eagle I beam rods with forged pistons I got in a trade deal. I would like to use the pistons for my 406 build but the rods are rated at 500 and I should make nearly 575hp on motor and gonna have a single plate kit as well.

Would like to go to a h beam rod but the I beam rods are press fit and the pistons aren't for floating rods either.

I was wondering if there are anyone who offer press fit h beam rods or if the set of pistons could be machined for a set of spiro locks and mill the wrist pins a little narrower??

I am not really worried about having bushed rods the motor should see peek power around 6500rpm.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
it would cost more for the machining than the stuff is really worth

non clip pistons are usually cast and wont do the job anyway

buy new what you need dont trust someone elses traded in a motor you want to trust -- jz