Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Clutch how to's/

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 03:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch how to's/

hey was just wondering if any one could tell me hw to by pass the clutch start up of my 95 trans am? i wanna beable to start it with out using the clutch.. an will this affect anything if i do by pass the clutch start up?
Old 09-05-2010, 11:31 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Wouldnt matter, just make sure it is in neutral, dont know why you would want to be able to bypass it though.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you look under the dash at the top of the pedal bracket there is a momentary switch attached to it. I think the colors are purple and yellow. If you run a jumper wire between the two the it will bypass the switch. or you could cut them and tie them together. Either way, this is not recommended because ppl will forget and try to start it while its in gear and it could cause an accident. Especially if youre doing this for remote start installs.
I have it on mine but its because thats how I bought it(previous owner turned a 6spd to auto).
For me its not a big deal since I always have it in neutral in the garage and I always put it in neutral before starting it.

Quick Reply: Clutch how to's/