Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

what distrubitor for bbc

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011 | 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Default what distrubitor for bbc

Looking for a distributor for my 468 street strip nova even when on the street ill beat the **** out of it should I go hei or regular dist with box.
Old 06-01-2011 | 02:55 PM
Teching In

MAD makes a 'ready to run' billet dist. It has their hei module in it. No msd box needed. These dist. have the ability to set up the rate of advance as well as being able to change bushings that change the amt. of advance in the dist. You will need plug wires that have hei style ends along with a coil, if you can,use a blaster3 coil,it has a built in tower to cut out shorting from the positive/neg. posts to the coil wire.
Old 06-01-2011 | 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

Fixed it for ya

Originally Posted by quick77
MSD makes a 'ready to run' billet dist. It has their hei module in it. No msd box needed. These dist. have the ability to set up the rate of advance as well as being able to change bushings that change the amt. of advance in the dist. You will need plug wires that have hei style ends along with a coil, if you can,use a blaster3 coil,it has a built in tower to cut out shorting from the positive/neg. posts to the coil wire.

I don't think a HEI will fit without hammering the firewall in. Go with the billet MSD as stated above.
Old 06-01-2011 | 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

So the msd with the built in hei
Old 06-01-2011 | 07:24 PM
Teching In

I am using one in my 71 camaro . Like cambird stated ....the large Diameter of the gm hei doesn't fit well in a,nova, my son has a 467" sbc in his 69 nova,uses a dart tall deck sm block,with the extra height,a std. dia. cap is all that fits!!
Old 06-01-2011 | 07:28 PM
Teching In

LOL ....just noticed that!! Spell check on my phone gets me in trouble now n then.... yeah MSD

Quick Reply: what distrubitor for bbc