Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

NEED HELP!!!! V8 swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012 | 05:20 PM

Default NEED HELP!!!! V8 swap

I just recently bought a 1990 Nissan 240sx with a small block Chevy 350 engine... I have no clue what year the engine is, or what it came out of.. I was told that it may be out of a early to mid 70's chevy truck. Can someone please help me to identify this motor??? Please and thank you... The only code I have found is this one, I found it on the front/ top of the block next to the head... ""MK22800""

I need to get a new water pump and oil pump, but need to know the right info to get the right parts...
Old 08-27-2012 | 01:29 AM
Launching!

What you have is the suffix engine code.

The MK stands for a year 1967 327 SBC and it came in something that was manual. I do know that suffix's were re-used sometimes, but are you sure you have a 350? You cannot find a small stamped partial VIN number under paint?

Here is a chart - see for yourself:

http://www.nastyz28.com/gm-chevy-cod...s-suffix-6.php

2800 = an over the counter GM crate motor order. But not a warranty replacement. The 2 before it i think means the year that i was produced, so 1972?

edit: here is another chart for reference, both show it as a 327, not a 350.

http://www.73-87.com/chevy_ids/scode6.htm

I will say that if that is a 327 you would definitely want to know whether the crank is small journal or large journal as i do know there was a period that they did both. If it is small journal then you're limited to what aftermarket cranks you can run without machine work. The small journals are actually just fine as is - and of the older SBC setups the 327 is my personal favorite until you get into the LSx stuff

Last edited by SS10Tech; 08-27-2012 at 02:01 AM.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!!!! V8 swap