Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

1990 silverado help! video

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 silverado help! video

i just put my Z28 up for the winter and now it's time to drive the old truck. I just had the trans and radiator flushed new fluid and filters. So i go to leave for school and there is this high pitch whistling noise coming from the engine. Don't tell me it's bad connection with the radio because i have an amp and sub woofer attached. Because it still appears with the radio off (the radio is off in the video). I'm not sure what it is it's not really a hiss put more of a high pitch whistle and it's not that loud in the video but it seems to get worse when i hit the throttle but then fads out after like 1,500+ rpm. It is pretty cold were i live we've had below freezing the last few days but the truck did not do this last winter or it doesn't really do it when it's both warm outside. It doesn't happen when the engine is warm that i've noticed i have only been driving it 2 days. So Advice please! it's really quit in the video but listen close and you'll hear a slight whistle it usually gets pretty loud.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your alternator. You can use a long screw driver or pry bar to listen to it. Just stick the metal to the alt and your ear to the handle. also use a multi meter to check the alts output.

Quick Reply: 1990 silverado help! video