Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Help me decide on an intake to use for FI

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide on an intake to use for FI

Ok here is he deal. I have a 1988 Chevy hearse based off a Caprice. It has a high compression 355 with the 305heads so it runs out of breath at like 5500 rpm but lots of grunt down low where I like it. Presently It has a Holley Double pumper, Edelbrock intake, MSD distributor, headers, dual cats and true duals. Now I am converting it to fuel injection using MegaSquirt. Now the original plan was to do this on my girl Sarah's Olds 350 but that plan is off. We were going to use an Edelbrock Performer RPM and a Chevy BBC TBI which is 670 cfm and 80 lb injectors. But since I can now do this on a Chevy my intake options open way up. So I am considering a dual quad intake or 2 piece cross ram intake with 2 SBC 450 cfm TBI's. Or I can use the 454 TBI on a single 4 barrel intake or maybe switch to a Weiand Steath Ram intake. I also have access to a 4 barrel style TB if I get a 4 barrel intake with injectors and rails. So Tons of options. Not just looking for the best all out performance option as this is my daily and don't need to make more power or hassles needing to upgrade anything else. The car has a 200 4R and will be getting a 9.5 inch 14 bolt rear with a 3.63 gear. So i want a nice running car with a cool intake to boot. I have a full on custom dual plane intake thatis heavily ported with a huge plenum and is now an airgap. But I a sure it would not work on this application. Would still be cool to find a use for it.