Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Need Speed, blower question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Speed, blower question

Hey ya'all, lookin for a lot more speed in my car...

BUT, the trick is, it's my daily driver, I want radical and speed, as far as I can get away with, without making it where I can't still drive it feasibly.

I am looking at this blower:
http://www.holley.com/6543-1

they say it has streetability, but does anyone know anything about it???? can I feasibly run this?

and then secondary questions, might this type of blower have a good whine like a 6-71 type???? and if I had good gears, I would presume, this would help the "seat of the pants" feel of acceleration for this car????

thanks in advance for any help!
Old 02-18-2006, 04:08 AM
11 Second Club

Beautiful car man.....I love 2nd Gens....Are those Telstars? About your question, you may want to look into the Pro Charger Blow through systems with the new affordable Demon Blow through carb available. you can make an easy 700HP on 93. Every thing fits under hood, has intercooling, and easy to set up.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:11 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you listen to the dyno run, i'd say it sounds a lot like the '03-'04 Cobra's.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SeeYaSucker
Beautiful car man.....I love 2nd Gens....Are those Telstars? About your question, you may want to look into the Pro Charger Blow through systems with the new affordable Demon Blow through carb available. you can make an easy 700HP on 93. Every thing fits under hood, has intercooling, and easy to set up.
thanks! yep, they're telstars...
I'm not really looking for 700hp, I'm just looking for enough to be able to be 2000-ish year mustang gt's, and such.... just enough bottom end power to make it worthy of how it sounds

how about streetability with any supercharger for that matter, can it really be done on a daily driver, without being undependable?
Old 02-19-2006, 04:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bill9000
thanks! yep, they're telstars...
I'm not really looking for 700hp, I'm just looking for enough to be able to be 2000-ish year mustang gt's, and such.... just enough bottom end power to make it worthy of how it sounds

how about streetability with any supercharger for that matter, can it really be done on a daily driver, without being undependable?

Sure It can, I had a 78 Z28 with a 377 SB and a weiand 177 blower that I dailey drove with 8 lbs of boost, made 558 Hp, I can E mail pics if you would like.

P.S. What size and backspacing on the rear Telstars?

Last edited by SeeYaSucker; 02-19-2006 at 04:17 AM. Reason: adding info.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SeeYaSucker
Sure It can, I had a 78 Z28 with a 377 SB and a weiand 177 blower that I dailey drove with 8 lbs of boost, made 558 Hp, I can E mail pics if you would like.

P.S. What size and backspacing on the rear Telstars?
pics would be cool, since it's very similar to what my car would be like with that setup

I think it'd be great for a daily driver to have a blower

Quick Reply: Need Speed, blower question