Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

383 guys: step in

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 04:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aerosmith
Hey Tim, I'm in Columbus, iny chance I know you from a local board under another name? I had my block work done at Col-Weld..wasn't that happy with the cleaning but the machine work was good. Bored, plate honed, zero decked.They don't do balancing so they suggested Fast Racing in Groveport. Fast could've done everything and saved me alot of time, but I didn't know. I paid a coupl hundred for the machine wirk and I think 175 for the balancing. I have a Scat cast steel crank, Scat 4340 I-beam rods and KB pistons. They had to take a ton of weight out of the crank to get the balance right because the recip parts were so light. I have had people tell me that the eagle crank usually need alot of mallory to get them heay enough to get them balanced.
My best advice though is go to Jegs and get David Vizards "how to build a max performance sbc on a budget" book, it's invaluable.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm on a few sites...OhioRides.org, COFBA...both under the username: Not_A_Z28

I'll definately look into those locations.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
I would recomend contacting PAW and ordering a catlog form them. Its as big as a phone book, if not thicker, they have every thing you could want form blocks to rotating assembly's its about 5 bucks and takes about two weeks to ship but well worth it.
Dont listen to this guy hes full of ****! Look he only has 3 post Hey kittt kiss my

Quick Reply: 383 guys: step in