Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Oil Filter Chart

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Filter Chart

I have done alot of searching lately after I noticed that the old trusty AC Delco PF1218 I have run for years is now smaller and want to switch to a different brand possibly now that the car is almost running again. I put together this little chart to help organize what filters cross reference with the 4 most common AC Delco oil filters used on most any Gen1 SBC & BBC from what I found. I left Fram out as I don't use them and from what I can see most gearheads don't any longer. Aside from that if you see any errors, or other good filter alternatives please post up.

I did as many cross reference checks on each individual oil filter manufacturers website to try and verify that these are correct and as accurate as possible.

The only list I am not 100% about is the PF1218 list. I am not all that sure that all the other filter manufacturers have updated their cross reference #'s to the new design on the 1218. Just a FYI.
Attached Thumbnails Oil Filter Chart-oil-filter-chart.jpg  

Quick Reply: Oil Filter Chart