Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

May be moving to GA

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default May be moving to GA

So I have a job offer in Conley GA. I am wondering what the car scene is like up here and if anyone is from that area?
Old 08-12-2018, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

You will have to go in to Atlanta. Lots of street racing there. Got couple buddies up there. Lots of boosted vettes, 5.0s, camaros etc.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camaroconnor
So I have a job offer in Conley GA. I am wondering what the car scene is like up here and if anyone is from that area?
I'll tell you that I am in north metro Atlanta, and I don't own a sports type car anymore, but I've been here awhile...it's very different than when I lived in the Midwest. I almost never see muscles car types...modded F-bodies or mustangs or whatever else...compared to when I was in Indiana. Everybody does the big lifted mud tire 4x4 truck thing instead. It was a minor culture shock when I first moved and brought my LS1 Z28 with me a decade ago. I'd go driving around with the giant effing cam loping through a wide open dumped dual exhaust and never ever come across anything even remotely similar.

I also avoid going ITP (inside the perimeter, lingo you'll learn around Atlanta) so I can't speak to what's 'in' Atlanta
Old 08-27-2018, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok seems almost like south Florida when I first got my f body there was nothing took two years to build up a ls car group down there. Hoping maybe we can do the same up here if it doesn't exist yet