Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Question for all you NC drivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for all you NC drivers

I was hauling *** last night up 77 north of Charlotte on my way home at exit 18. Well I was clocked 88 in a 55 by LaSalle St...oooops. I asked the trooper if he knew what the fine I would have to pay was and he didn't. He said it will be up to the judge. Back in Jersey if you were say 1-9 over the limit it was say a $50.00 fine and if you were like 10-19 over it was a $100.00 one.
Anyone know what I'll be shelling out?

Also my friend said he was supposed to offer me a drivers rd class which then would make it that I wouldnt have to go court? Any dice in this or cause I was doing 33 I don't get this? Also in Jersey if the cop doesn't show up to court the thing is thrown out, no questions asked this the same down here? Will I get to speak with a public deffender before my court hearing, to plead down and out or should I just admit guilt?

The cop was really nice and was asking me about my car and how fast I've had it up to and what I've done to it. We must of talked for 5 min after he gave me the ticket. HA.

If ya got any info pass it on. I got a clean record, first ticket ever so this just pisses me off for being stupid.

On a side note....these cars pull hard in 6th gear

Last edited by PopaPork; 12-23-2005 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PopaPork
I was hauling *** last night up 77 north of Charlotte on my way home at exit 18. Well I was clocked 88 in a 55 by LaSalle St...oooops. I asked the trooper if he knew what the fine I would have to pay was and he didn't. He said it will be up to the judge. Back in Jersey if you were say 1-9 over the limit it was say a $50.00 fine and if you were like 10-19 over it was a $100.00 one.
Anyone know what I'll be shelling out?

Also my friend said he was supposed to offer me a drivers rd class which then would make it that I wouldnt have to go court? Any dice in this or cause I was doing 33 I don't get this? Also in Jersey if the cop doesn't show up to court the thing is thrown out, no questions asked this the same down here? Will I get to speak with a public offender before my court hearing, to plead down or out and should I just admit guilt?

The cop was really nice and was asking me about my car and how fast I've had it up to and what I've done to it. We must of talked for 5 min after he gave me the ticket. HA.

If ya got any info pass it on. I got a clean record, first ticket ever so this just pisses me off for being stupid.

On a side note....these cars pull hard in 6th gear
Interesting that you say the car pulls hard in 6th gear...its supposed to be an overdrive gear that is meant specifically not to pull hard and lower your rpm's lol. I just got a ticket for doing 29mph over in Atlanta and their rules are a lot stricter than most people's laws...good luck with yours though.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oops that's supposed to be a 5 there instead of the 6.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

In NC you have to go to court and ask for driving school unless you got a lawyer that will ask for ya.2nd offense get a lawyer and he will get the ticket reduced to 9 over.Thrid offence ask for a plc drops everything but if you get caught again within like a year both offenses will come back on ya... Anyway do drivin school this time probly around $150 $200....
Old 12-23-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$150-$200 for the class on top of court fees or is that the whole kittencabutal?
Old 12-23-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

Im pretty shure...Court cost is like $130 I forget how muchthe school cost...
Old 12-23-2005, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

school cost is 189$ i should attened mine in the 21 of Jan , my speed that time was 129mph at 55 , that was on the 29 road towards concord... loool , Thanks god that i bought a great lawyer.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get George Laughren or Andrew Murrary I can bet they can get you out all together. You say it was a state guy that got ya? Wonder if it was my bud Willie Emmons. He's a cool *** guy and owns a Z28 himself.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nah I'm not gonna waste my time on a lawyer, doesn't seem worth it since my record is clean and clear. Maybe next time round I'll deal with that can of worms.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PopaPork
Nah I'm not gonna waste my time on a lawyer, doesn't seem worth it since my record is clean and clear. Maybe next time round I'll deal with that can of worms.
If you don't get a lawyer then be prepared to lose your license because its a good possibility. In NC, 20mph or over is grounds for a license suspension unless your lawyer gets it reduced. I did 94 in a 60 a long while back and didn't get a lawyer. I was unlucky and got a bitch judge and DA who wouldn't reduce it, so the courts took it for 30 days. When the DMV found out, they took it for a year. The court systems and DMV are ticky if you don't know how it works. What makes it even harder is its different every time. Just remember that if you spend the extra money upfront for a good lawyer it could save you a long time of suffering. It just depends how much you value your driving privelage. I took mine for granted and tried to save money by not getting a lawyer and got screwed. I paid for that one with 4 months of not driving and 8 months of driving between 6am and 9pm.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:48 AM
12 Second Club

is your court at the Mclenburg? make sure to get a lawyer those guys r so tough to deal with.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome...looks like I need a fuggin laywer....great. Stupid ****** cops.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I am getttin NAILED. Perfect record just blown out the window. I'm calling some lawyers to get an idea about what I'm up againts. I just found out about PJC. If I'm good for 3 years it's whiped off my license. Thing is..do I stilll have to pay the ticket now?

Moral of the story...slow down Pork.....assssshoooooleeeee
Old 01-05-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yup like I said use one of the guys I mentioned above. They will take care of you. I've used both of them at least 6 times and never had a bad experience. Good luck and let us know how it turns out
Old 01-06-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got a lawyer who said she can pretty much guarentee getting me off the wreckless and get my speeding ticket dropped to 75, and a PJC for 3 years...not what I wanted..but hey...better then the **** rapping I'd get from my insurance.

Quick Reply: Question for all you NC drivers