Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Somebody Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Somebody Help!!!!!

Well, i took off my calipers, headers... to paint them up and got everything back on and my 02 sensors sat danglin in the rain last night and i think they are screwed (input).... also i have no front brakes, me and my dad bled and bled them all the way around for 5 hours and still nothing.... only back brakes! If anyone can help me tomorrow, or give me a pointer why my front brakes are out please any help is appreciated, ive sat without a car for three days now, if i would have left it alone this would have never happened but ya'll understand "projects",
Charlie
Old 06-24-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Junkie

not sure on the o2's...

for the brakes.. how did you get the caliper off? did you compress the piston with a crow bar or did you bleed them to make it easier? also, after you tried the brakes and noticed that the fronts were not working, did the piston work its way back out to push the pad to the rotor? or is it still depressed?
Old 06-24-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

i took the caliper off, removed the line, painted them, reinstalled them and compressed the piston with a special tool, put the pads back on and there was all KIND of play in it... pumped and bled for a little while and the play went away but still no front brakes.... three days now!!! arg! sucks riding with your dad to work when you have a beautiful car just sittin there.... WITH NO BRAKES!!! i mean i could drive it its just not very safe... i took it for a little ride came back and the back brakes were hot as ****!!! they havent worked since i got the car! the front brakes had been grabbing but there was still a little rust on them from sittin over night so they werent working very well....
Old 06-24-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

Anyone?????
Old 06-26-2006, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CNVRTmyZ
Anyone?????

You do not need to take the calipers off to paint them...unless you like to bleed brakes for fun...no need for it...just take the calipers lose from the brackets..get some plastice garbage bags and put over the rotors some news paper around the wheel wells and paint away...the caliper brackets can be matched to the factory color with some paint you can buy at the home depot...called "stainless steel"..just scrub them with soap and water and brake clean and paint them..if you are going to get your rotors turned you can paint the center of them using the same "stainless steel" paint too..no need to tape them off the lathe will turn them down to the edge and make a nice clean line..the calipers can hang using coat hangers to hold them up...I use "safety red" also bought at home depot..no need to use high temp paint or anything like that..I redo mine once a year..I use windex to clean them up about once a month when they get to where soap and water do not do a good job..it keeps them looking great..have fun bleeding the brakes..

Last edited by slt200mph; 06-26-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

somebody told me i have the calipers on the wrong side, cause the bleeders are facing down

Quick Reply: Somebody Help!!!!!