Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Some help from the shop guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some help from the shop guys

Hey guys- I'm looking for a few shops in say 200 miles of Charlotte that use Taps and Die on a regular basis.
I'm working on a project with my company and we are trying to step up our Tap and Die program, and we need to get with you end users and find out what your gripes are with the stuff out there already.
Basically what we/ I want to do is just come to your shop, have you show me/teach me how to tap and and thead, look over a few things that we bring, pick your brain for an hour or so, and then give you tons of free stuff.

So, if its something you want PM with your contact info, Name, addy, shop address, shop site if you have one, that kinda of jazz so I can build a data base and get back to you.

We're not going to try to sell you anything, we just want you opinion and expertise.

So like I said let me know if you're game. Even if you're not in the area, shoot me a PM, we fly baby.

Chris
Old 07-25-2007, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont own a shop, but i do have some taps and dies that i use regularly. My only wish is that the handle that the tap goes into had more strength/clamping force. But then again, my sets not a top of the line so that could be the reason for that.