Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

header install around LR

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header install around LR

Hey guys my buddy has an 03 gt mustang and is trying to do headers but gave up on it and wants to take it to a shop whats a good shop around or close to base to get an install done for that car?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00blacksstallion
Hey guys my buddy has an 03 gt mustang and is trying to do headers but gave up on it and wants to take it to a shop whats a good shop around or close to base to get an install done for that car?
LOL. This isn't the one at the hobby shop is it? I've installed a pair of SLP longtubes for this guy's 03 GT that I knew w/ his other friends and its quite a task. We have to lower the K member from the body to fully access the bolts through the front wheel wells. That's the trick to it guys. Lower the K member to make it ALOT easier. You have all the tools you need at the hobby shop. Just need to start early because its time consuming. I've installed mine in similar way although it was easier w/ my car of course.

You can try Polk Performance or Kris Keltner if he wants to work on a mustang.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

i odn't know man i haven't been hleping him but yeah its a black on and he has been up at the hobby shop for a while now. who is kris keltner is he the one that does the tunes?
Old 03-31-2008, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

rhino79 does the majority of tunes. kris keltner also known as kk performance or bad boyz racing, is the ls1 man. i wouldnt expect him to do work on a stang, but it would be worth a shot. 02402ramair is his name
Old 04-01-2008, 02:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

if he wants to bring it to memphis we can do it. we have sponsor feedback here from someone in LR aleady that came to us for work.

he thinks it was well worth the drive.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/891747-spectacle-solutions-top-notch-service.html
Old 04-01-2008, 05:26 AM
Teching In

i knew vogel would quit on that thing. i told him to take off the k member and it should be alot easier. just tell him to sell the whole car and get a real man's muscle car!