Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Performance Shops That Are In Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Shops That Are In Alabama

I Live In Trussville Al. And Bought A 2002 Ws6 Ram Air With 36,000 Miles On It . A Very Clean Car With No Mods Not Even A K/n Filter In It And Want To Do Some Tastefull Mods To It That Will Not Hurt The Value Of It But Will Gain H.p. And Value . I Don't Want To Travel Very Far. Is There Any Performance Shops Close To Me That You Would Tell Me To Go To That I Can Trust With My Car To Do A Good Job.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by WLDWS6
I Live In Trussville Al. And Bought A 2002 Ws6 Ram Air With 36,000 Miles On It . A Very Clean Car With No Mods Not Even A K/n Filter In It And Want To Do Some Tastefull Mods To It That Will Not Hurt The Value Of It But Will Gain H.p. And Value . I Don't Want To Travel Very Far. Is There Any Performance Shops Close To Me That You Would Tell Me To Go To That I Can Trust With My Car To Do A Good Job.

we are in Memphis. I dont know how far that is from you but we can take care of anything and everything you need.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:56 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Turn your caps lock off homie

You've got some good options depending on where you are in Alabama.

Speedsouth has a bunch of good guys. I've talked to Robert over there before and those guys know their stuff - http://www.speedsouth.com/

Spectacle is in TN, and myself and Vengeance are located in the northern'ish parts of Georgia (if you feel like making road trips).

Cheers
Old 07-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jeff@SpectacleSolutions
we are in Memphis. I dont know how far that is from you but we can take care of anything and everything you need.
that is a little far than i want to drive but still can be a possabilty . i will call and check on some prices.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Damian
Turn your caps lock off homie

You've got some good options depending on where you are in Alabama.

Speedsouth has a bunch of good guys. I've talked to Robert over there before and those guys know their stuff - http://www.speedsouth.com/

Spectacle is in TN, and myself and Vengeance are located in the northern'ish parts of Georgia (if you feel like making road trips).

Cheers
( sorrry caps are now off )
there are some people around home here says that speedsouth and hesco will overcharge you for everthing they do ( double the price ) and if you don't have a high end car ( $50.000.00 ++++ car ) they really are not interested. ( just what i here i don't know first hand i will check into it tho )

thanks for the info !!! keep it coming
Old 07-09-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

( sorrry caps are now off )
there are some people around home here says that speedsouth and hesco will overcharge you for everthing they do ( double the price ) and if you don't have a high end car ( $50.000.00 ++++ car ) they really are not interested. ( just what i here i don't know first hand i will check into it tho )

thanks for the info !!! keep it coming
Thats not true about Speed South at all.. I have been down there a couple of times from Florence and all the people there were very nice. They had 3 or 4 Ls1's when I was down there.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Launching!

FTPerformance in Gardendale. TJ just opened up but I've already had him working on my car with top-notch results.

I think the number is (205)-631-3871 and you can also PM him on either DixieMuscleCars.com or AlabamaRacingScene.net. He uses the screen-name FTPerformance.

He's also GM certified as well as ASE certified.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the plug Damian and I appreciate the support homerunhtr21.

Yes we do a lot with the late model LS powered cars and over the years have garnered the trust of a lot of the LS community across the Southeast.

Obviously we are a local shop for you so I invite you to stop by and check us out. We are in the process of moving right now so if you have any trouble reaching us on the phone, please leave a message with Mike or feel free to pm or send me an e-mail to Robert@SPEEDSOUTH.com. We have been fortunate to have outgrown our current facility and we are moving only a mile and a half north off of Hwy 31 to our new 12,500 sq. ft facility. I've been jockying subcontractors at the new building lately, but I am still returning all e-mails within 24 hrs.

Also, one of the other guys here, Jim Summerville, we'll be at the dyno in Trussville Friday afternoon with an 08 ZO6 around 3:00. If you're interested in seeing how the custom tuning processes work, stop by and take a look.

Thanks again guys for the support and I hope we can meet you(wldws6) soon.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Robert@SPEEDSOUTH
Thanks for the plug Damian and I appreciate the support homerunhtr21.

Yes we do a lot with the late model LS powered cars and over the years have garnered the trust of a lot of the LS community across the Southeast.

Obviously we are a local shop for you so I invite you to stop by and check us out. We are in the process of moving right now so if you have any trouble reaching us on the phone, please leave a message with Mike or feel free to pm or send me an e-mail to Robert@SPEEDSOUTH.com. We have been fortunate to have outgrown our current facility and we are moving only a mile and a half north off of Hwy 31 to our new 12,500 sq. ft facility. I've been jockying subcontractors at the new building lately, but I am still returning all e-mails within 24 hrs.

Also, one of the other guys here, Jim Summerville, we'll be at the dyno in Trussville Friday afternoon with an 08 ZO6 around 3:00. If you're interested in seeing how the custom tuning processes work, stop by and take a look.

Thanks again guys for the support and I hope we can meet you(wldws6) soon.
I HAVE P.M. YOU.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
Thats not true about Speed South at all.. I have been down there a couple of times from Florence and all the people there were very nice. They had 3 or 4 Ls1's when I was down there.
Thanks for the info .
Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix
FTPerformance in Gardendale. TJ just opened up but I've already had him working on my car with top-notch results.

I think the number is (205)-631-3871 and you can also PM him on either DixieMuscleCars.com or AlabamaRacingScene.net. He uses the screen-name FTPerformance.

He's also GM certified as well as ASE certified.
I will give them a call on some pricing . thanks for the info
Old 07-09-2008, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

What all are you wanting to do to it? What color is your WS6 also?

Btw, I work in Trussville so if you see a Navy Blue SS on Hwy. 11, that'll be me! I work in some office buildings near the Target. If you want to check out the local goings on, I second the referral of the dixiemusclecars.com site.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bbqz28
What all are you wanting to do to it? What color is your WS6 also?

Btw, I work in Trussville so if you see a Navy Blue SS on Hwy. 11, that'll be me! I work in some office buildings near the Target. If you want to check out the local goings on, I second the referral of the dixiemusclecars.com site.
I am wanting to go big block or procharger. Bright Silver
Hope to see you around .
Old 07-09-2008, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey man, I got ure message yesterday but my phone was dead all day and I deleted the voice mail so I dont have you # to call you back. Havent I talked with you before? If you need anything just shoot me a pm or something. Im usually on here all day
Old 07-09-2008, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

I am wanting to go big block or procharger. Bright Silver
Hope to see you around .
When you say big block, you mean bigger cube LS based motor and not a big block chevy right?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bbqz28
When you say big block, you mean bigger cube LS based motor and not a big block chevy right?
Yes that is right like a 427 that comes in the z06 7.0 liter or a 418 strocker motor undiced yet. I am wanting to get 600 to 700 r.w.h.p. with a power adder .
Old 07-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Hey man, I got ure message yesterday but my phone was dead all day and I deleted the voice mail so I dont have you # to call you back. Havent I talked with you before? If you need anything just shoot me a pm or something. Im usually on here all day

Is this Van i will p.m. you my #
Old 07-09-2008, 05:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just completed a mild 402 with a D1SC that made 790rwhp on pump gas... Sounds like something along these lines would suit you as well. I know we are in Georgia, but give us a call if we can help you out. We have customers from all over the world, so Alabama shouldnt be too much of a trip for you
Old 07-09-2008, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this Van i will p.m. you my #
Yeah, I got your PM Ill give you tommorow sometime. I wish I had know you wanted bigger ci I just traded/sold my 408ci Iron block a couple weeks ago.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Yeah, I got your PM Ill give you tommorow sometime. I wish I had know you wanted bigger ci I just traded/sold my 408ci Iron block a couple weeks ago.
Allways a day late and dollar short !!!!

Quick Reply: Performance Shops That Are In Alabama