Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Spartan Performance.....WTF?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Spartan Performance.....WTF?!?

I thought that might get some peoples attention

I just wanted to give a quick shout to Josh @ SP for doing a great job for me on my vehicles he's worked on. Im too damn old to do any work on cars anymore and while lurking on this site for a while i snagged a phone # and contacted Josh through here originally to work on my truck. He installed a cam in which he spec'd out for me, ported the throttle body, few other "free mods" (dunno what the hell that means) and full exhaust from the engine back. I do all my own tuning and after doing a street tune on the truck it runs like a raped ape. Cam driveability is perfect, exactly what I wanted along with power. Dunno any hp #'s but the truck yanks my 8,000lb trailor down the road now like it's not even back there.

After doing such a great job with the truck I gave him a crack at the Z06 which was a much more involved job. I had my motor rebuilt (was using lots of oil) so we went ahead and did new pistons, rings, bearings, etc etc. Nothing special mainly just a fresh shorty with forged pistons & valve reliefs for the cam. Again Josh spec'd out everything, and I ordered it from my preferred vendors. Everything you see in the sig was built on the car in about a week, and she runs like a dream. After loading a base tune in the car it will boil the tires @ 70 mph from a 3rd gear roll. Driveability again is excellent.

Same goes with my GTO he just finished. Flawless job

Just thought id throw a heads up to the locals who havent had any experience with Spartan Perf. yet. Im an old SBC/BBC fart and dont know much about the new age "LSX" stuff. Josh is a great kid who was very personable with me, answered all my stupid questions even if it meant answering the phone at 10:30pm cause I didnt know what to order. You just dont get personable service like that anymore. He definitely doesnt treat it like a 9-5 job, been there anytime I needed a hand or question answered. Not to mention the pricing is great. I wouldnt have been able to do half the things on the vehicles I did if I hadnt gotten such a great deal.

Thanks again Josh from one old fart to a young whipper snapper. Before I ship out i'll come by one last time so you can say bye to the Z06 you love so much hehe

Eric
Old 07-13-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up

Nice to hear good things about Spartan Performance and way to go Josh.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

That's great!! I've heard nothing but great things about them and the work that they do. I even plan on paying them a visit myself sometime soon. Keep up the great work Spartan Performance!!

TJ
Old 07-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Everything OldmanZ06 said is 100% true, besides doing a great job it's completely personal with Josh. I've call and sent text messages to him several times after midnight and he always responds and what really makes it nice is he's cool as hell.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:02 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Bout time you posted Eric. I built your damn Z06 two months ago

Thanks again bud. It was an extreme pleasure meeting and working with you. I really think you could have done this all by yourself with the amount of **** you know, but better for me you're lazy and didn't

Wish you the best in your transfer to Germany and i'll pray the boats don't sink when they transport your cars

-Josh
Old 07-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Teching In

I have to throw my .02 cents in here...This past weekend Josh installed his ported TB on my 99 TA and some other free mods. He is a good guy and answers all my dumb questions that a rookie would ask. Hopefully I will be able to do some bigger mods in the near future. Thanks again Josh.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

Other then being a badass installer, he'll also show you a thing or two about driving!! Isnt that right Josh....
Old 07-14-2008, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Josh is a good guy and does good work. Glad your Happy man.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

Josh is great, and he built a beast for me.
I know my 98 was a REAL Bi#ch(Electrical, PCM, Rearend), but he stuck it out, and fixed every problem.

Now I have a Pissed off monster in my driveway.

Thnx Josh
Old 07-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

Default Good job Josh...

Originally Posted by qdz21
Everything OldmanZ06 said is 100% true, besides doing a great job it's completely personal with Josh. I've call and sent text messages to him several times after midnight and he always responds and what really makes it nice is he's cool as hell.
C'mon dude... midnight?

You don't feel bad calling a person at/after midnight?
Old 07-14-2008, 07:43 PM
LSX Mechanic

I talk/text with a lot of my customers after midnight. I'm usually up till 2-3am every night working on something, I don't care.

Sleep when yer dead
Old 07-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Teching In

On a side note for people...When headed to or from Josh's place watch out for tons of 5.0's rollin' deep on 316.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Josh is gay....
Old 07-15-2008, 12:36 PM
LSX Mechanic

Only when you're around Mr. 5th gear
Old 07-15-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 07-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
C'mon dude... midnight?

You don't feel bad calling a person at/after midnight?
Yeah bro MIDNIGHT!! I don't just call him I'll send him a text and if he responds it goes from there. i still have the text and call log to prove it, and i'm sure he does also to hold it against me in the near future, ha. Just kiddin Josh!!

Quick Reply: Spartan Performance.....WTF?!?