Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Firehawk owners, prepair to puke...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This idea is ******* ridiculous. I hope the blueprints to this piece of **** burn.

Last edited by Relapse; 02-25-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
Manic have you even seen this sticky? It's 45 pages of what alot or owners and not firehawk owners think. Just in case you didn't know.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-g...8-discuss.html
Yes, I found it not long after my last post and read one thread about 12 pages on this forum and then on that one up to about 5 and skipped to the last three. At least the vast majority of car enthusiasts feel the same. In fact a friend from a Thunderbird SC Elite forum first brought it to my attention because one of them is in SLP's target demographic right now, most of the guys on that board are in fact. Their reaction was the same as LS1Tech's, one said "What a way to ruin a name." and many agreed or just shook their heads etc. I'm sorry I stepped in a pile of old crap, I would have thought I would have heard about it already but I didn't. My wife drove her Firehawk out of a dealer showroom ten years ago and has been a very proud owner up until last night. Now she's literally disgusted with SLP and embarrassed of it.

When reading those long threads last night until 12 I hoped to find a place in them where David Hamburger stopped the insanity, came down off his high horse, and gave the car a decent name, but alas it never happened. I hope these 250 cars rot quietly in dealer showrooms and he never does something so foolish with his trademark brands again.

Vernon

Last edited by Manic Mechanic; 02-25-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PontiacSpeed91
I wish they could of just come up with a different name...Whats next? the G3 Firehawk? i mean i thought half the reason they called a Firebird a Firehawk was cause it had to do with birds and being a meaner sounding name...and the Firebird looked like a swooping mad bird...This looks like...a mean BMW.
Actually the name Firehawk came from the tires that were being used on it. And there will never be a G3 Firehawk, so don't worry.

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
Why would it be locked? Thinking one car is better in any way than another is someones opinion, not fact. I don't really know why you think that car is so much better than any real Firehawk. I think my opinion is more important than yours. LOL I would rather have a high performance pure Pontiac G8, that way I wouldn't be ripping off the Firehawk name to improve my cars image in the minds of people who think names aren't a way to identify specific things but rather a way to say "Firehawk" is a spirit name that possesses whichever Pontiac that SLP decides to soup up this year. That is a opinion that seems kind of lame to me, but to each his own. "SLP" lets you know it's spirit, the name should be model specific, that's my opinion.

Vernon
Wow I thought this was staying civil but calling my opinion (or anyone elses) lame and saying yours is more important is low class. This thread should be locked. It is inflammatory and isn't going anywhere except down. I am done with it.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 97HawkLT1
Actually the name Firehawk came from the tires that were being used on it. And there will never be a G3 Firehawk, so don't worry.

Wow I thought this was staying civil but calling my opinion (or anyone elses) lame and saying yours is more important is low class. This thread should be locked. It is inflammatory and isn't going anywhere except down. I am done with it.
Now don't go all getting your panties in a bunch. If you read what he actually wrote, and I quote,"I think my opinion is more important than yours. LOL" With the emphasis on the "LOL". To me, that means he was JOKING.

Sometimes it's hard to interpret what someone means when they type something, or if you just accidentally misread it.

Lighten up - it's just the internet.

And, this thread doesn't need to be locked. It's just a bunch of people airing their opinions - who cares if they agree or not.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Exactly, if you and I were talking in person you wouldn't have been upset, just saying we all like what we like. Just because we don't agree on this doesn't mean we can't talk about it.

Vernon
Old 02-25-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

fake-hawk pontiac is slowing down so this will not be a big item, sm fuel efficent auto's american greed anything to make money !!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

For me, let the name Firehawk rest in peace. For now there is nothing PONTIAC has that is worthy of the name Firehawk. This kind of thing is not new. When the 93 Firehawk came out, TONS of people thought it was not a true Firehawk and people did not like that it was called Firehawk. What I always thought was good about the Firehawk was that it was kept to one type of car, unlike the "SS" label that Chevy has put on everything.

Back when SLP got their hands on the Grand Prix, they called it GTX. I think G8X would have been a better choice!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 97HawkLT1
I don't think it is demeaning. And remember, a 3rd gen Hawk owner could say the same thing about the 4th gen cars as they were mostly cosmetic upgrades as opposed to performance upgrades. Not to mention, the Trailblazer is a Chevy and a truck. The G8 is a Pontiac and rear wheel drive (and yes a four-door). But as far as I am concerned, it is plenty worthy of being a Firehawk. In fact, I would argue that the G8 Firehawk S/C is truer to being what the original idea of what the Firehawk was in the 3rd gen than any 4th gen F-bod. This car will outrun and outhandle any previous Firehawk, probably still get better gas mileage and carry four adults comfortably. What more could you ask for in the top model available from Pontiac and SLP?
I agree. It's a better Firehawk than previous Firehawk's, except maybe a couple 3rd gens.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

i like G8's...G8 firehawk...not so much. Its like a mugen civic...its still a civic...G8 w name firehawk still a G8...do some crazy changes or start over...make it look completely different from the G8. IMO, so dont hate me cause i compared honda to pontiac, lol.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by devildog
i like G8's...G8 firehawk...not so much. Its like a mugen civic...its still a civic...G8 w name firehawk still a G8...do some crazy changes or start over...make it look completely different from the G8. IMO, so dont hate me cause i compared honda to pontiac, lol.
And it's a 4 door to boot!

Old 02-25-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
Yes, I found it not long after my last post and read one thread about 12 pages on this forum and then on that one up to about 5 and skipped to the last three. At least the vast majority of car enthusiasts feel the same. In fact a friend from a Thunderbird SC Elite forum first brought it to my attention because one of them is in SLP's target demographic right now, most of the guys on that board are in fact. Their reaction was the same as LS1Tech's, one said "What a way to ruin a name." and many agreed or just shook their heads etc. I'm sorry I stepped in a pile of old crap, I would have thought I would have heard about it already but I didn't. My wife drove her Firehawk out of a dealer showroom ten years ago and has been a very proud owner up until last night. Now she's literally disgusted with SLP and embarrassed of it.

When reading those long threads last night until 12 I hoped to find a place in them where David Hamburger stopped the insanity, came down off his high horse, and gave the car a decent name, but alas it never happened. I hope these 250 cars rot quietly in dealer showrooms and he never does something so foolish with his trademark brands again.

Vernon

OK Cool! lol I was afraid you thought you were all by yourself
Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

And that is why I thought the thread would/should be locked.
It's been discussed MANY times over & all is does it put the lovers against the haters.
It had nothing to do with anyone's comments or replies.
It's because it's the same damn shet all over again, ...
Old 02-26-2009, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to a nearly 6 month old subject . . . . . .

G8 GT firehawk.
only for 19K plus the cost of the G8

http://www.slp-firehawk.com/pr/Fireh...%20Release.pdf
Old 02-26-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 227 Likes on 182 Posts

Why would they call THAT a "Firehawk"?? Why not "Fire-Gawk", or "Fire-G8"? Or just "GAwk"?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Teching In

What I think is funny is a LT1 car owner calling a brand new car a piece of junk. Oh the irony! And this is coming from a guy that owned a '94 Firehawk. That car had more clunks, thunks, rattles and leaks than any car I have ever owned. It had 18k miles on it when I finally got sick of it and moved on.

It doesnt matter they call it, its a cool car. Hell call it a "JDM yo" for all I care.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bonestock!
What I think is funny is a LT1 car owner calling a brand new car a piece of junk. Oh the irony! And this is coming from a guy that owned a '94 Firehawk. That car had more clunks, thunks, rattles and leaks than any car I have ever owned. It had 18k miles on it when I finally got sick of it and moved on.

It doesnt matter they call it, its a cool car. Hell call it a "JDM yo" for all I care.

So whats wrong with an LT1 ?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
So whats wrong with an LT1 ?

From above: a '94 Firehawk. That car had more clunks, thunks, rattles and leaks than any car I have ever owned

Reading comprehension > you

Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

the did the same thing with the gto remember !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bonestock!
From above: a '94 Firehawk. That car had more clunks, thunks, rattles and leaks than any car I have ever owned

Reading comprehension > you

You must have bought a turd then. No problems at all with my 94 and I will bet it out run your new junk.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
You must have bought a turd then. No problems at all with my 94 and I will bet it out run your new junk.

As if that means anything to me. Honestly get a clue.

Quick Reply: Firehawk owners, prepair to puke...