Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

WIW? 97 Hurst Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WIW? 97 Hurst Firebird

I'm trying to determine the actual value of this car for insurance. Give me a fair and honest opinion. 1997 Hurst-Firebird (by Lingenfelter) one of only 9 produced. Exc. conditon, 41 actual miles. All documentation. LT1 w/ LT4 heads and intake plus alot of other Lingenfelter added go-fast stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1H-IXsIfes is info on the prototype. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:12 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

40 to 60K
Old 03-26-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice car.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Teching In

Pontiac shipped 6 spd., WS6 Formulas to Lingenfelter, through Decatur Pontiac. The cars were built, then shipped to your local Pontiac dealer for delivery. The car is a OEM offering with Hurst and Lingenfelter providing the mods. This was a Pontiac factory program, not a dealership specific offering. 9 LT1s were built in 97, 10(?) LS1s built in 98.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 227 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by schooler
Pontiac shipped 6 spd., WS6 Formulas to Lingenfelter, through Decatur Pontiac. The cars were built, then shipped to your local Pontiac dealer for delivery. The car is a OEM offering with Hurst and Lingenfelter providing the mods. This was a Pontiac factory program, not a dealership specific offering. 9 LT1s were built in 97, 10(?) LS1s built in 98.
I believe that was Courtesy Motors in Decatur, IN.

http://www.drivekelleycourtesymotors.com/index.php

Not sure if there was a "Decatur Pontiac" back in '97, possible though. I purchased my WS6 from Courtesy in Sept '98, got my picture with my new car in front of the dealership (same building in the picture on their homepage). That day was the only time I layed eyes on a Hurst/LPE Firebird, it was a '98. It cruised through the parking lot after my test drive to check out my new car while I was inside signing paperwork. Courtesy handled the '98s that LPE converted, I assumed they also handled the '97s. My salesman showed me a picture of two '98s sitting in their back lot waiting to be shipped to their new owners.

Killer car you have there BTW. 41 MILES ON THE ODO? Where do you live?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Yes, sorry...Courtesy Pontiac in Decatur. The cars went to Lingenfelter from Courtesy, then got delivered to the local Pontiac dealer, here in NJ. I"m in NJ. I have the calendar with the car pictured in front of the dealership. did you get the calendar???

BTW: I'm up to 102 miles now. The car had a weak half tank, I topped it off with premium. It runs much better, but still will occasionally miss, tripping the SES light.

Just had it detailed....man, what a difference
Attached Thumbnails WIW? 97 Hurst Firebird-p2110008.jpg  
Old 04-17-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 227 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by schooler
Yes, sorry...Courtesy Pontiac in Decatur. The cars went to Lingenfelter from Courtesy, then got delivered to the local Pontiac dealer, here in NJ. I"m in NJ. I have the calendar with the car pictured in front of the dealership. did you get the calendar???

BTW: I'm up to 102 miles now. The car had a weak half tank, I topped it off with premium. It runs much better, but still will occasionally miss, tripping the SES light.

Just had it detailed....man, what a difference
Yes, they took a pic of me standing next to my new car under the "Courtesy" sign on the side of their building. Then a few weeks later the calendar showed up in the mail w/ my pic in it, dang cool! I scanned it in years ago, I must have it on my PC at home (can't find it here at work). It was quite the memorable day for me, 1st new car purchase and all, lifelong dream of walking into a dealership and driving out in a new Ram-Air Rag-Top Pontiac coming true after 6+ months of searching (and nearly 30 years waiting since the last '72 GTO vert was built). After getting literally laughed out of the showrooms of local (Ft. Wayne) Pontiac dealerships for expecting to find WS6 6-spd vert sitting on the lot and not wanting to wait 11 months to order one, I stumbled across a classified ad for my car. Less than 30 hrs later I was driving it home. Took a buddy along to drive down to Decatur to help me retain some common sense and not write the dealership a "blank check" on the price. When we arrived at Courtesy in my '94 Z28 'vert and drove past the showroom and saw my car sitting there on "center stage", I told my bud to kiss my Z28 good-by because we were going to drive that TA home. Apparently the car had been ordered then got delayed due to the strike that summer (and the T-56 shortage that year), and Courtesy didn't think they'd ever receive it from GM, so the guy that ordered it gave up and bought something else (probably one of the numerous Cobras sitting on Ford lots those days). They opened the doors to the showroom and rolled the car outside for my test drive, which took us past John Lingenfelter's estate. Since the '99s had already begun delivery by 9/98, I got my '98 under sticker! Good memories.

102 miles? Heck, my car had 92 miles on it the day I purchased it (Courtesy manager couldn't resist driving it home from work a few nights). Hope you keep Sta-Bil in the tank! Have you considered a Collector-Car auction for your car, like BJ or Kruse? You car would probably fetch the best price among the serious collectors.

Quick Reply: WIW? 97 Hurst Firebird