Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Matt Murphy

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Matt Murphy

David..........................I know that both Mark and I don't have any problems at all getting ahold of Matt or having him return our phone calls. Is there more to this than the obvious?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Launching!

I spoke with Matt for two hours on the phone last week also, he was delivering a prepped Cobalt to a dealer.The guy is a one man band and does just about everything himself-I mean EVERYTHING relative to his biz. He's flat out all the time so just be persistent. As far as the inference mentioned earlier about checking parts carefully you will not find a more honorable person in this industry in my experience. My Intimidator has been there going on three years waiting for a very special upgrade and I sleep very well every night knowing it's in the best of hands.

If some of you guys knew him as well as J.D. and I do you would be laughing like we are right now. Matt could put on clinics in going the extra mile for customers. Now .. if your trying to bamboozle him for parts to put together a clone he will most likely be on to you hence no call back. He knows the history on every single car he built(hint )That is not directed at anyone in particular here..but you know who you are!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

yea in my experience he is a very stand up guy and treats me like a friend every time i call unlike some other places that only see $ he is just very busy, just kinda sucks he is really busy when i finally decide to go phase2 lol
Old 04-29-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive met matt once when he put m GMMG on last year. Hem came in on his day off to ut it on and was a very stand up guy like said above. He'll get things straight for you guys
Old 04-29-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hopefully David (YellowHammer) will post up that he did hear from Angel at GMMG this morning. I telephoned and left a message at GMMG this morning asking Matt to call me and let him know about the discussion here. Angel received the message and phoned David and then telephoned me to let me know that she had touched base with David. I then phoned David and verified with him that everything was cool.

Again........................my point is....................that everytime I call Matt and/or Angel................they get right back to me. Matt, his employees and his company have been "stand-up" with me and I think that Mark (LateBrakeU2) would back me up on that point to.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Having had the pleasure of dealings/acquaintance with Matt in the past, I would have to also conjecture that Matt is merely in his routine of burning the candle at both ends to keep every aspect of his business and personal life "exceptional", as he is NOTHING less. I do personally find some of the insinuating remarks/tones here (while almost laughable) are definitely on the insulting side and totally without merit. I rarely post here at LS1TECH but felt that even the hint of smearing someone as standup and honest as Matt is blatantly and patently false – flat out wrong. He is a hard working family man, and would go out of his way for (just about) anyone - the genuine American article!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vikingrinn
Having had the pleasure of dealings/acquaintance with Matt in the past, I would have to also conjecture that Matt is merely in his routine of burning the candle at both ends to keep every aspect of his business and personal life "exceptional", as he is NOTHING less. I do personally find some of the insinuating remarks/tones here (while almost laughable) are definitely on the insulting side and totally without merit. I rarely post here at LS1TECH but felt that even the hint of smearing someone as standup and honest as Matt is blatantly and patently false – flat out wrong. He is a hard working family man, and would go out of his way for (just about) anyone - the genuine American article!
I'll second that.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

third!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:46 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Matt is probably running around like a chicken with his head cut off right now. And he's smarter than to incur any costs that are unnecessary during these tough times. Matt's a good guy!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Launching!

I will chime in again as since I posted last I was not a happy camper. I will first state that I am a current customer of Matt Murphy's. I bet Matt would verify my issues if so asked. I had reasons to sound disgruntled.

With that said. I have stuck with Matt for so long becuase I believe in him, his products, and his business. If I did not my car would not be at his shop.

JD I do thank for helping me. I am sorry I had to do what I did, but it did what it was intended to do.

Angel has contacted me several times. I am pleased with the current communications that have taken place. I would return my car to matt in the future if need be. I would just do somethings a tad differently.

David
Old 05-26-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your car is still at GMMG Matt had it out back as part of the display for the GMMG open house for the G13 he mentioned he was working on that car.

Sean

Quick Reply: Matt Murphy