Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

GMMG package/performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG package/performance upgrades

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I have a question. Does GMMG offer performance upgrades to people who bring in their non-originally GMMG produced cars? I am planning on getting a '99-02 Camaro SS and doing a few upgrades to it. Headers, Y-pipe, GMMG exhaust, CAI, intake manifold/TB, 160 degree Therm, maybe a cam, suspension work, few interior touches, painted TT2 wheels from Tom Henry Racing, etc. It's going to be a Tom Henry look-a-like, Hugger Orange w/ white SS stripes, Berger Panel, etc. I would love to get it tuned by GMMG and/or get a Phase 1 or 2 package done. I e-mailed them and Angel said that they don't do work on any street cars. So do they only do work on cars that were made by them originally? If that is the case it sucks. I mean Shelby will do mods, engine tunes and such to any one who wants work done on their Mustangs. I looked into getting a 40th Anniversary package Shelby is doing for the '07 GT500. It's actually pretty sweet. Any way thanks and if anybody has any info or advice just send it. Thanks again.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They will only put the GMMG packages on cars that were originally made by them..
Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Try Vengeance Racing. It is made up of a lot of old GMMG employees.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Cool, thanks guys. I wish they offered services to non-originally GMMG produced cars but I guess I can see where they're coming from. Again thanks for the info. I'll look into Vengeance Racing, or Texas Speed since they're local.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXSSIVE
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I have a question. Does GMMG offer performance upgrades to people who bring in their non-originally GMMG produced cars? I am planning on getting a '99-02 Camaro SS and doing a few upgrades to it. Headers, Y-pipe, GMMG exhaust, CAI, intake manifold/TB, 160 degree Therm, maybe a cam, suspension work, few interior touches, painted TT2 wheels from Tom Henry Racing, etc. It's going to be a Tom Henry look-a-like, Hugger Orange w/ white SS stripes, Berger Panel, etc. I would love to get it tuned by GMMG and/or get a Phase 1 or 2 package done. I e-mailed them and Angel said that they don't do work on any street cars. So do they only do work on cars that were made by them originally? If that is the case it sucks. I mean Shelby will do mods, engine tunes and such to any one who wants work done on their Mustangs. I looked into getting a 40th Anniversary package Shelby is doing for the '07 GT500. It's actually pretty sweet. Any way thanks and if anybody has any info or advice just send it. Thanks again.

Sounds like you want to build it like mine,sent you a PM
http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...=SSAirport.flv
Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

Actually, this has been done. There is a board member (not on very often though) that has had 2 cars converted but I think it was a lengthy process, including waiting list, getting it done. He probably had some sort of connections to get on the list too.

Quick Reply: GMMG package/performance upgrades