Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately our insurance status has still not changed. I'm still waiting on the appraisals from our mechanic, who for some reason, keeps forgetting to get these done for us, despite my nagging. I know he has a lot to deal with, especially with being unable to walk at the moment, but I'm really surprised he hasn't gotten them to us in the past few months.

Concerning parts, these days, used parts are pretty much the way to go. Lots of things like front bumpers are next to impossible to find NOS (new old stock) that are OEM. The plastic ones that are common on ebay don't fit well I've heard, and are crummy compared to a used OEM one. So sometimes used parts can be to your advantage... assuming you get lucky and the used part they locate is OEM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brangeta, good tidbit of info there. I think that is what took so long, was getting the new parts. SF wanted the shop to have the wheel "repaired" rather than replace it! But somehow he got around doing that and got us a new wheel.

Hope things work out for ya with SF. Keep us posted pls.

Another thing, tho, we don't plan on doing any mods on the LE, except adding an SLP Loudmouth resonator, to make it louder. Maybe replacing the speakers since the front ones are shot, so I have to wonder about an appraisal on this car bec not sure it would actually increase in value if its mostly all stock/original except for a few things like that.

But will deal with that if need be if we make some ins. changes.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Replacing the wheel shouldn't have been incredibly hard, I think there's still plenty of those around fortunately. Front bumpers seem to be the biggest hardest to find part for all 4th gens, particularly the 93-97s. I know, because I've been looking for a spare for the '95.

If you can locate the parts (good luck), the SLP center mount exhaust actually sounds and looks the best in my opinion. I'm not a very big fan of the loudmouth. The CME uses the same pipes and muffler as the SLP dual-dual, but the ones going to the tips are different in order to connect to the tips. It'd be expensive and time consuming to locate the parts (yes, they'd pretty much have to be used parts), but perhaps worth it.

This is a sound clip of our 35th LE. It's all stock as it was ordered. The 345hp CME package really sounds great. If you don't have a subwoofer for your speakers, you probably won't hear anything though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC9yF4I2Vh4

Concerning the loudmouth resonator, I believe that actually makes the loudmouth quieter!

The front speakers are expensive. We had one replaced on the LE and it was about $240 for just the front passenger-side speaker without the labor to install it.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good. Louder than ours. SLP Loudmouth was recommended by some on either this forum or the 35thle.com so hopefully it will be louder than what we have. (we do have CME). Hope to get it put on in the next few weeks so will see if Im happy with it or not.

Also someone posted a link for Kee Audio, think he's a sponsor on this forum? He has speakers for our 4th gens. Thats low priority right now, but will get them eventually

Quick Reply: Insurance