TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Tom Henry on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...5fTrucks#v4-31

if anybody is looking for one
Old 06-16-2010, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Not a REAL Tom Henry numbered car.

Here's the reply from the owner - It's a clone & not the real deal.

I have all the records from GMMG.
If you question a car let me know & I can verify it for you.

www.gmmgregistry.com

Dear daytonajim00,

My car is not a GMMG car "Thus the title 2001 Cmaro Z/28" key words (Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, Show Car, GMMG, Tom Henry) produced by Matt's team my car was upgraded with OEM GMMG parts back in 2003 by GMMG. They uplifted several cars for friends all; non numbered not to deter from GMMG owners.

My official GMMG items added from GMMG are as follows

Enter your -GMMG rear panel painted ?satin black? w/ hi-polished Camaro fill-in?s
-GMMG metal emblem
-Tom Henry GMMG dash plate
-Tom Henry GMMG American Racing TT?s 17x9.5 glossy painted centers
-GMMG Carbon Fiber air lid w/ Tom Henry Racing decal
-GMMG style painted hood scoop stripe, and rear spoiler decal
-GMMG ZL-1 grille w/ blue bowtie
-GMMG Chambered Exhaust w/ premium oval tips
-Tom Henry Racing windshield banner
response here
- ramair99ta

HOW DO YOU FEEL????

I really think these people selling the clones/replicas should state this up front.
If they don't then in my mind they are mis-representing the car as something it isn't & someone may get taken.

I saw a copy GMMG white SS on the Power Tour - it appears to be GMMG #70 & it IS NOT.

2001 Tom Henry on ebay-70fake-2-.jpg

2001 Tom Henry on ebay-70fake.jpg

Last edited by daytonajim; 06-16-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: MOre info
Old 06-16-2010, 08:22 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing in that listing screams "misrepresentation" to me.

I'm saying this in only the most respectful way I can convey through a message forum -- I think that you're just trying to pick vehicles like this apart simply because you have so much knowledge and passion for GMMG cars.

It's a very clean car and is nicely modified. Should make a great toy for someone.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The ones with fake numbers by the VIN # and/or on the rearview mirror are the ones that **** me off. AKA the white car.

The pewter one doesn't really bother me, especially since it has Z28 badges on it instead of SS ones. It's not going for the 100% clone look. In fact, it's kind of a mix of different GMMG cars.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Launching!

Here's the first clue- Last time i checked TH was still in PA.
"Car was purchased new from Coggon-Starling Chevrolet; Kissimmee, FL "

I think his ad was fairly honest, he put the "GMMG TH" in his ad leader for more hits- but arguably he could have alluded to it being an homage to a real one. Imitaton is the sincerest form, the guy obviously has had the car for years and is passionate about it and the build . Down the road clones like this will only make the real one's more valuable IMO
Old 06-16-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

The car above is mine as posted on the EBay thread it's listed as a 2001 Z/28. In the search tags I added GMMG, and Tom Henry (simple) to help with the sale (i.e. search) I have parts from GMMG parts on this car. When I set out to mod my 01 Z/28 I wanted something a little different I like all that GMMG had to offer in fact Matt modified 2002 Brickyard 400 Convertible car #25 for Classic Chevy Intl, Tom sent us one of his cars #9 for a year, Berger sent down car #, and GM sent down the Garnet Red Zl-1 PH1 car for a few weeks for us to drive around Florida. After spending time with all of those cars I wanted to add a little bit of every GMMG car onto mine in the end I went with the Tom Henry 380 look (I am friends with Tom) I also added a little bit from the ZL-1 (grille, stripes). But again it all comes down to what I have posted in my add "Title" 2001 Camaro Z/28 not a 2001 GMMG Tom Henry Car or clone.

Jim sorry if it upsets you (By the way I am the one who sent you the several hundred GMMG photos to your email to help you out with the site all of the ZL-1, DEI, Tom Henry, and Dick Harrell photos) my ad is not misleading it list's the car as what it is a 2001 Camaro Z/28 purchased from a dealership in Florida, a clean vin, and under my description "Items currently installed on the car" all of my modifications.

Sure I could have tried to pass it off as an official GMMG car I could have put a brass ID tag on inside of the driver's door etched with GMMG and the S/N, I could have added the correct mirror and the # on the mirror and windshield, I could have duplicated a GMMG Tom Henry Window Sticker, I already have Matt and Toms signature (as well as Scott's, Helen Gibb, and others from GM) on the car under the hood. But no I explained what the car is a 2001 super clean Camaro Z/28 with my listed modifications that include some GMMG parts & other aftermarket parts.

LateBrakeU2 you are correct Tom Henry Chevrolet is still located in PA (Bakerstown PA)

Sean

Last edited by 01pewter2001z28; 06-17-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Quick Reply: 2001 Tom Henry on ebay