Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

neglected Firehawk- coming together

Old 06-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default neglected Firehawk- coming together

I posted pics a few weeks ago of an '02 Firehawk I picked up that had been abused- not as bad as the 10th Anniv that was posted earlier... but still in rough shape. clear coat peeling- bashed in fender and fascia, both quarters beat up, headlight motors making racket- the brakes were so bad the rivets on the plate were ground off.

Anyway- here are some pics of it after my buddy painted it. I know the decals are not correct color but I thought they showed a little better in yellow (and matches my red 95 Hawk).

Pics:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3852929
Old 06-18-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Great Job man! I like the Yellow firehawk decals.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow; great work! Seeing stuff like that really makes me wonder how the previous owner afforded the car in the first place.

What made you go from the Firehawk center caps to SLP? (The original ones looked to be in OK shape despite the rest of the wheel)
Old 06-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Launching!

I actually ordered the SLP caps in case I lost one... but the wheels looked so good I decided to use them and save the originals. The originals really looked bad next to the new ones. The wheels were painted a mercedes silver color (told the owner of the shop to pick the brightest silver he was comfortable with) and they look awesome in person. when the light hits them the metallic comes out.

I was concerned about going with the yellow decals- it was one of those "you know what's be cool..." situations. I am really, really happy with the way it came out.

I just picked up some recovered seats and new carpet for it so hopefully I will get those put in this weekend.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking good!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Way to go bringin it back from the dead, the car wasn't that bad, but I'm glad someone that knows how rare those cars are now owns it and it doin it right! Keep up the good work and keep everyone posted with pictures!

Vince
Old 06-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Launching!

I'll post pics of the interior this weekend- it isn't the original ebony but it looks great. got a good deal from someone local on the board that had their car totaled for them.

thanks for all of the great feedback- I have a sore spot for Firehawks since I bought my 95 Firehawk (that now has over 180,000 miles on it). I'll add a few pics of my 97 Formula WS6 vert as well.

Crazy thing is the previous owner bought this car in '04. This was still a pretty damn expensive car to abuse in '04. The paint was so bad I don't know that it was ever washed. Luckily the car drives great and most if not all of the damage seems to be cosmetic.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: neglected Firehawk- coming together