Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Cons of owning a Convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cons of owning a Convertible?

What are some cons of having a Convertible. I know they weigh more. How much is it actually, and will it slow down the car that much compared to a hardtop?
Old 01-26-2004, 10:11 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

they weigh about 175 lbs more. My previous f-body was a t-top car, and I love the drop-top much more. Nothing like cruising with the top down on a nice day.

Cons? Car insurance is higher than on a t-top car. I pay about $30 more per month than my last car.

Tony
Old 01-29-2004, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

The pros far outweigh the cons. Yes, weight is a factor, but nothing beats droppin that top on a nice sunny day or cruzin around at night.
Another con, mine has leaked since day one. Although my TA RARELY sees a rainy day, I have to put towels over the seats when I wash it. And their are no interior lights either (to speak of anyway)
Old 01-29-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

I love my Hawk vert. Like the previous posters have said. There is nothing like dropping the top and a nice clear sunny day and hearing the engine roar!
If weight is an issue, that would give your more reason to add more mods, to make up for the difference.

Quick Reply: Cons of owning a Convertible?