Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

WS6 Hood Paint Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS6 Hood Paint Question

Was the WS6 hood painted by GM or was it painted by ASC during the conversion process?

The reason I am asking is that I detailed my 01 WS6 this weekend and the paint on the hood responded much differently to the process I was using on the rest of the car. The car came out incredible - except for the hood. The paint on the hood seems to be very soft and there are noticeable marks in the hood left by the buffer that are very obvious in the direct sunlight. I don't see these marks on any other parts of the car.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 235 Likes on 186 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The WS6 hoods were painted and prepped by ASC prior to installation. St. Therese sent the WS6 cars over to ASC w/ flat (non-WS6) hoods, ASC swapped the hoods, added the badge, and installed the raised airbox. WS6-unique exhaust, wheels and suspension components were pre-installed on the line at St. Therese.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i noticed when buffing my hood that too much heat will raise the hood a little. i immediately poured cold water on it and it shrank back down. dont know if that was close to the prblem you had.

Quick Reply: WS6 Hood Paint Question