Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Help help 97 hendricks edition ss

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help help 97 hendricks edition ss

howdy yall. im speaking on behalf of my best friend. he isnt into computers. okay heres the deal. he has a 97 chevy camaro ss 30th anniversary hendricks edition. he bought the car roughly 13 yrs ago when we were in HS. he had his fun with it for a lil bit then put it in the garage an its been there the last 13 yrs. it has 23k miles on it. its an automatic which is suppose to be like 1 of only 6 automatics made. we are trying to find out how to tell which # it is and how rare it really is? i dont think he knows what he has. he tasked me with finding out because he wants me to also find out what its worth cuz hes wanting to sell it. any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated. im not trying to use this site to sell it just wanting steered in the right direction. thanks dustan. feel free to call me also at 812-208-9516
Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lt1 cars arent worth good money he should just sell it to me for a few grand

Just kidding this link should help, from what i see 61 where made so he has a very rare car, if its a white with orange stripe combo it would be 1 of 9 with a lt4 (worth a lot of $$$$) but i wouldn't think they would come with a A4
http://m.modernhemi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=914522
http://www.gmmgregistry.com/id95.html

here is a good quote from the gmmg site
The 1997 Silver and Black cars were all LT1's . . . and there should have been a total of 61 built. Coupes, T-Tops and Convertibles.
The 1997 White 30th Anniversary Camaro SS Hendrick Motorsports Edition there were 9 built. All were LT4's and all were hard tops.

The 9 were taken out of the 100 LT4 30th Anniversary Camaro SS's that SLP built.SLP built/upfitted the Hendrick SS's.
Matt Murphy was working for SLP during the Hendrick package.
Thanks Andy - Jim

Last edited by kevin99hoss; 07-22-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Help help 97 hendricks edition ss