Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Some questions on the SLP options

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some questions on the SLP options

I want to know about some of the things that came on the car when it became mine. I have the SLP options printout sheet from the dealer and when they give you ZR1s, they're 9" wide and not 9.5" correct? Only reproductions are available that way right? The car has an SLP airbox so I assume the top part is what everyone refers to as the lid. My question here is that I've seen another part that looks like a wide rectangular tube that helps shoot air into the intake. I don't know what that is referred to but if the option says "SLP air intake" do I have this piece? (http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=21033) If not, are there gains from it? And last, I want to know what is included in their Bilstein suspesion package. Is it just the shock absorbers or are there other things included like sway bars? This option was $1099.

So I just want to know what I've already got so that when the time comes, I won't buy something that's already there.

I appreciate any helpful responses.

PS, I know that SLP is overpriced and you can get better/same quality from different companies so I probably wouldn't buy something from them - but again I just want to know what's already there.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

ZR1 is the tire rating Hawks came w/ optional 17x9 wide chrome or painted
The cold air package was not offered as an option installed. Had to purchase
from SLP. There is a gain from it, but it will dirty Air filters QUICKER.
Blisten package had the heavier sway bars and thicker rubber bushings on their mounts.
Hope this helps
Hawk
Time to edit!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't thinking of the Camaro 'ZR1' rim when i posted. Mentally thinking of 'Z' rated tire.

But yes mine has 1LE suspension Sway bars, D/A koni's and LCA harder bushings. w/ 1LE springs. (pulled to lower it) sticker price $1899.00

Last edited by 227Hawk; 11-13-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,514 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
I have the SLP options printout sheet from the dealer and when they give you ZR1s, they're 9" wide and not 9.5" correct? Only reproductions are available that way right?
Yes, the SLP ZR1 style wheels are all 17X9", this is what was issued on your factory SS. The 9.5" versions are not the ones that came stock on the SS cars, they are aftermarket only and not offered by SLP.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

send your VIN number to slp in an email and they can give you a build number and info on the SLP options that came on your car.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

But what I'm getting from 227 is that there is nothing different with the shocks/springs? I know they're overpriced but bars and bushings can't be over 1000.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
But what I'm getting from 227 is that there is nothing different with the shocks/springs? I know they're overpriced but bars and bushings can't be over 1000.
To clarify the bushings and bars are in ADDITION to the shocks.

Quick Reply: Some questions on the SLP options