Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006 | 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Question 69 rs-ss pacecar?

has anyone heard of a 69 rs-ss pacecar?
had a ss engine and rs styling?
Old 01-18-2006 | 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Holy Cow, just saw this and i have your answer. Last night i was watchn the Barret-Jackson Auto Actions (bout the time you posted this!!!!!) They sold a 1969 Camaro RS/SS Pacecar. It was white and had some decals and stuff on the door and it had some red color thrown in their too either on some trim or on the body, but a little i think. If you wanna see one possibly, go to the Barrett-Jackson website and see if one is for sale or if they still have that one up on their site.
Old 01-18-2006 | 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

This post belongs in the 1967-2002 Camaro forum.

Any Moderators paying attention?

To answer the question.......................................... .................

In 1969, the Camaro was selected to pace the Indy 500. Several cars were modified to pace the actual race. They were upgraded by GM and began life as RPO L78 and RPO Z11. About 3675 replicas of Z11 were built with small block motors. Most were SS Rally Sport convertibles with white exteriors and orange custom interiors.

The three actual RPO L78 pace cars bring very HIGH $$ if and when they are traded.
Old 01-19-2006 | 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sebring 00
This post belongs in the 1967-2002 Camaro forum.

Any Moderators paying attention?

To answer the question.......................................... .................

In 1969, the Camaro was selected to pace the Indy 500. Several cars were modified to pace the actual race. They were upgraded by GM and began life as RPO L78 and RPO Z11. About 3675 replicas of Z11 were built with small block motors. Most were SS Rally Sport convertibles with white exteriors and orange custom interiors.

The three actual RPO L78 pace cars bring very HIGH $$ if and when they are traded.
One of my friends bought one of the pace car replicas back in early 1970 as a demo with just over 600 miles on it. It was his 1st "new" car. I remember the day he brought it over to the house. Burnt rubber coming up the driveway. Kinda pissed the folks off but I was grinning ear to ear. The car is in storage now but he still has it. SS/RS convertible with a 350/4-speed, orange houndstooth interior with white exterior and orange stripes. Still wearing the original paint. Engine was rebuilt by the original dealer at 107K miles. Car currently has around 140K on it and only comes out on really special nice days. Other than normal wear and tear items it's all original numbers matching. Ahhhhh, back in the day......

Quick Reply: 69 rs-ss pacecar?