Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Formula Firehawk hardtop 6sp values???

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Formula Firehawk hardtop 6sp values???

So I have been contemplating selling my Firehawk to make room in the garage for other things. The problem I've been having is that Formula Firehawks are so "rare" that the prices are all over the map when you do any kind of search... and I really can't figure out what I should be trying to ask.

I don't want to let my opinion of how "great" or "rare" my car is, cloud my judgement on setting a price if/when I decide to actually sell the car.

That said I also realize that a Formula Firehawk isn't everyone's cup of tea... so I'd really kind of perfer the people who don't "get it" to kindly keep their opinions to themselves. What I mean here is that somebody who doesn't want a Formula Firehawk, also isn't going to think its worth much... hence I know they aren't going to buy, so I don't want to hear the low ball opinions.

So the car in question is a '01 Formula Firehawk hardtop M6 w/ cloth interior, all power options, but NOT CD changer or traction control. It has SLP options for the Bilstien suspension, Auburn Diff, and the floor mats... Mine is also Black w/ black interior. Mine also has 25k miles and is in excellent condition. For the numbers guys its 1 of 7 from what you can gather on the production numbers. The interior is mint w/ no door panel issues... but I do have the dreaded "blisters" on the roof.

I attached this "not the greatest picture" of the car for reference (since somebody always asks you to "post pics")

So what's this thing worth?
Attached Thumbnails Formula Firehawk hardtop 6sp values???-firehawk.jpg  
Old 09-13-2008, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

nada.com

http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.a...vi=84681&da=-1
Old 09-13-2008, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I checked out nada... and I'm still not really convinced. When you actually find cars that are similar to mine you see everything from $12k up into the mid $20's. Obviously its hard to tell condition from some of the descriptions too. One man's "mint" is another man's pile of crap.

If you simply go by nada, then my Hugger Orange SS camaro w/ only 12k miles is worth almost nothing... I've turned down offers into the 20's on that car. All the sites that assess vehicle value are simply using averages anyway. That is a pretty good way to determine a fairly new car's value, but the older the car gets, I seem to find they are way less accurate (at least anytime I actually try to find a car for the price it says I should be paying).

Thanks for the recommendation though...
Old 09-13-2008, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

in the end it's what ever some one is willing to pay i guess.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

I'm with you there... I just was hoping I could start with the price in the right ballpark
Old 09-15-2008, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

I'd say $19,000 to $24,000, depending on the buyer. Nice car BTW.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Teching In

T-Hawk I am in the same boat as you. I have a Black 99 Formula WS-6 1le with 22,000 miles for sale. I don't have to sell it but right now I would rather have the space.The market is soft so based on that I am asking $20,500. So for what it's worth there is a comparable. Good Luck
Old 09-15-2008, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

99Hawk6spd,

Thanks for the compliment.

Willie,

Thanks for the reference... of course, unless/until you sell it, its hard to say what people are paying... after all that's what determines the value.

I guess I was kind of hoping some people who recently purchased something similar would chime in with what they paid... or even somebody recently looking to purchase would tell me what they where willing to pay.

Thanks for the feedback guys...
Old 09-15-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

with todays market as it is, your probably only going to get in the low 20's for it. there have been several special edition cars on the market recently with less than 10k miles for 26-28k and they still never sell.

if your asking what its worth, well alot more than you would be able to sell it for. if you want to sell it i would say 19k-24k, but it might take a few months to sell
Old 09-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Cars of Particular Interest (CPI) Guide for Sep-Oct 2008,
SLP Firehawk Coupe
Excel $23,000
Good $14,975
Fair $10,775

I've thought it odd that the CPI Guide shows differences for TA coupe versus vert as well as Collector Edition coupe versus vert but only a Firehawk coupe.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the input guys... this helps put it into perspective.

I don't want people to mistake my intent. I don't have any unrealistic perceptions about my car being considered truly collectable yet... at least not with 25k on it. I just wanted to know a reasonable price to be asking for the car when/if I decided to actually sell it.

I had been offered $15k and it just didn't seem right considering the condition and the rarity of the car. At least now I don't feel like an idiot for passing on it. Not that I thought it was worth $25k either... but it helps with the perspective.

As long as people are giving some appreciated feedback... what is the opinion of trying to sell it with the few bolt-on mods in place vs. returning it back to totally stock? And what does that do to its appeal and price (i.e. is it more appealing stock but worth the same... less appealing and worth less too... etc)
Old 09-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Launching!

I saw Nineball had his formula firehawk for sale in the vehicle classifieds and i would trust his price judgment: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=garage

He was asking 25K for it and its an 02 with 10,000miles in the more desirable som color.

Id ask a little less for yours. maybe 22,500 ballpark.

dont give it away. it will be worth a bunch in the future. look at all the old muscle cars of the 60s-70s, you find an original unmolested muscle car with only 25k and its like 50K+++
Old 09-15-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by hawk584
in the end it's what ever some one is willing to pay i guess.
EXACTLY....if someone wants that car--who knows what the limit is.

Quick Reply: Formula Firehawk hardtop 6sp values???