The Race Engine Shop Short Or Long Block Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 10:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Race Engine Shop Short Or Long Block Sale

Fully Forged GM Gen III or IV LS Series Short Block. Pictures are representations of some of engines we have built. Price includes a used structurally verified and Clean Iron 4.8/ 5.3 block ( approximately 326 - 383 CID depending on parts selection). Other blocks and components are available and listed below. This is not everything we offer. We can do Just about anything you want to do.

Parts List

•Durabond Cam Bearings

•ARP Pro Series 8740 Material Head Stud Kit

•ARP Pro Series 8740 Material Main Stud Kit

•K1 Technologies 6.125" Forged Connecting Rods With ARP2000 Bolts or Callies Compstar Connecting Rods

•K1 Technologies 3.622" or 4.000" Stroke Crank with 24 or 58X Reluctor

•Wiseco (2618 Material ) Forged Pistons and Tool Steel Wrist Pins with A Ductile Iron Nitrided Steel Top and Napier Second Ring Pack.

•New King XP Series Tri Metal Main and Rod Bearings

Machine and Assembly Labor Plus Extras

•Block and Crack Checking on all new and used Cores

•Block Pre Machine Cleaning Deburring

•Prime and Painting with VHT Engine Enamel, Red, Black or Orange (Other colors Available at Cost of Paint)

•Align Hone the main housing bores

•Cylinder Boring (If Necessary)

•Torque Plate Cylinder Hone with Plateau Finish

•Block Decking and Quench Distance Setting

•piston and Rod Pin Fitting and Big End Sizing (If Necessary)

•Crankshaft Blueprinting (Checking For Straightness and Correcting if Necessary)

•Crank Balancing (heavy metal not included)

•Block and Component Final Cleaning And Final Deburring

•BluePrinting of Block and Components

•Block Plug Kit Installation

•Final Assembly.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:50 PM
FormerVendor

Price Includes all associated Labor with block and hard parts purchased through The Race Engine Shop. Customers are welcome to send their own parts but additional charges MAY BE assessed on a cast by case basis. The following includes but are not limited to examples of customer provided parts extra charges. Pin Fitting, Rod Resizing, Crankshaft checking, Crankshaft Balancing, or any correction to components deemed necessary by the Race Engine Shop for a suitable engine.

Contrary to popular belief, all shops ultimately charge for blueprinting. Some will lower their price by eliminating steps (such as blueprinting) as it saves time. Time is money! One of the most common steps eliminated is blueprinting itself. A vast majority of blueprinting is to verify tolerances of components that the engine builder does not produce. We would rather keep you out and running then having problems because we wanted to save a bit of time and pocket a few extra bucks. “We are not interested in selling a steak and delivering a hamburger if that makes sense”

Some things to pay attention to and components to NOT get caught with when shopping for a high performance engine.
  • Bearing Type don’t get caught with a bearing that’s made aftermarket manufacturer such as King, Clevite, Ect. but it’s only a Passenger (P Series) Bearing. P Series Bearings are not designed to take the high loads of a high performance engine. The High Performance (H Series) Bearing is.
  • Wrist Pin and Piston Rings Don’t get caught with standard wrist pins which most of the manufacturers only rate to 700HP (that’s flywheel HP). In addition, don’t get caught with piston rings on nice pistons.
  • Inferior Fasteners for critical components (Especially In Connecting Rods) Don’t get caught inferior 8740 material rod bolts in your high powered engine. I’m not saying 8740 Material is bad. It has its place in a high performance engine. I’m saying there’s better material available (at a slightly higher cost and The rod bolt is the most stressed fastener in the engine, it shouldn’t be overlooked. Most of the aftermarket rod manufacturers don’t even offer 8740 material rod bolts in their Connecting Rods for these engines and there’s a reason for it.
  • Warranty Pay Attention to what warranty means. No high performance engine builder offers a warranty on their engine perse! I don’t care what they write or say. What a lot of builders do, (myself included) is stand behind our work. What that generally means is if there’s a problem that we caused, we stand behind it. More importantly as a builder I’m not completely unreasonable either. I’m a human being and I understand things happen. I don’t mind working with people what I mean is customers deserve good honest and fair treatment. Weather you spend $100 or or $100K

•Estimated Completion Time
approximately 30 days depending on any additional parts selected and their availability.

•How Much Power Will The Engine Support

that’s largely dependent on the engine management calibration and parts selection and induction type among most things. On an engine like the one above; it should be able to support 1200 HP. Yes I understand there are people out there with bone stock bottom end 5.3L engines making astronomical Power. All it tells me is that they have got away with it to this point. Those are ticking time bombs and most of the people who do that kind of stuff usually understand that. Building a high performance engine isn’t about getting away with Something. Rest assured when you make big power, the BS is coming. Get your self an engine that will take the BS head on.

The Total For The Above Engine as Listed is $4,380 plus shipping. I like to use fastenal’s 3PL Program for shipping. The cost of materials and time for me to build a crate is $140 (not included in price)

—————————————————————

All the following prices are for parts upgrades and would be added to the total for the above engine <—— pay attention to this. Seriously!

Oil Pump Camshaft and Accessories

Melling oil Pump part number 10296 +156

Camshaft of your choice from BTR (Comp cams Core) or a custom grind +365

Lifter trays and bolts +35

OEM Lifters +100

Pushrods +110

Engine Block Options

(Used Cores Available for most blocks at a significantly reduced price market value dictated)

New Iron 4.8/5.3 Block +300

New Iron 6.0 Block (Gen 4) +1,126

(Gen 3 Available reconditioned Core only) +600

Aluminum 5.3 Block used Core only +200

New Aluminum L92 / LS3 Block +1695

New Aluminum 6.0 LS2 Block +1,264

New Aluminum LS7 +3,177

New Rotocast Aluminum LS9 Block +3,835

New GMPP LSx Standard Deck Block +2,730

*New Dart SHP Pro Iron Block. +2,407 (requires different head Stud Kit) and requires Block parts kit. (Pro Block Not Available yet but Standard SHP is Available now)

Adjustable Timing set with heavy duty chain +130

Piston & Ring Options

Custom High Boost or Nitrous Piston Kit includes proprietary sized AP Stainless Ring Pack specifically for those running high boost or high amounts of nitrous. +700

Crankshaft Options

Callies Ultra Billet 4330VM Timken Steel Crankshaft Center Counter Weight Crankshaft (Includes Center Counter Weight Block Clearance) with engine Build) Stoke 3.500” and under +2,068

Callies Ultra Billet 4330VM Timken Steel Crankshaft Center Counter Weight Crankshaft (Includes Center Counter Weight Block Clearance) with engine Build) Stroke Over 3.500” +3,131

Callies Dragon Slayer Crankshaft +934 3.625” - 4.125” Stroke in incremental stroke sizes.

Dart 4340 Billet Center Counter Weight Crankshaft 4.000” or 3.600” Stroke (Includes Center Counter Weight Block Clearance) with engine Build) Available in long snout for factory dry sump application. +532

Callies Compstar Crankshaft 3.625” or 3.622” Stroke +203

Connecting Rods

Callies Compstar H-Beam Rods with ARP 2,000 Bolts +360

Callies Ultra H Beam Rods +600

Callies Ultra Billet I Beam Rods 4330VM Timken Steel +1,169

Wiseco Boostline Rods +619

Fastener Options

Callies MP 3.5 Rod Bolt Upgrade (Callies answer to CA 625+ Material Rod Bolts) really good stuff. Needs to be ordered prior to ordering Rods. +440

ARP CA625+ Head Stud Kit (Non 6 Bolt Heads) +455

ARP CA625+ Head Stud Kit (Non 6 Bolt Heads 1997 -2003 multi Length) +551

ARP CA625+ Head Stud Kit for 6 Bolt Heads +601

ARP CA625+ Main Stud Kit. +411

Dart SHP Block pre Pro Series SHP Block Main Studs (Only 8740 Material Available) +136

ARP2000 Head Stud Kit For (2004 and Newer + $154

Last edited by MVP @ TheRaceEngineShop; 02-05-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:26 AM
FormerVendor

Lots of options available.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:10 PM
FormerVendor

CURRENT INVENTORY OF BLOCKS READY TO MACHINE AND ASSEMBLE

(2) LS2 aluminum blocks

(2.) Gen 3 4.8 / 5.3 Iron Blocks

(1) Gen 3 6.0L Iron Block

(1) Gen 3 6.0L Iron Block will be .030 over.

(1) Gen 4 4.8/5.3 Iron Block

(1) Gen 4 4.8 / 5.3 Aluminum Block

(1.) LS3 Block.

(1) Gen 4 4.8 / 5.3 Darton dry Sleeved Aluminum Block 4.125” Bore this one is $1,100 for the block.

If you act now I will give you 15% off the listed price for any of the block core prices.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Hey I’m interested in a 5.3 forged short block or 6.0. What is the price for either one. Thanks Chris

Quick Reply: The Race Engine Shop Short Or Long Block Sale