Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Rear Components

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear Components

Anyone running component speakers in the rear? My buddy just bough an SS with a decent system with JL components in the doors feeding off an Alpine V12 am. He figures it will sound even better if he puts his Memphis audio components that he had lying around from a previous vehicle in the back seat speakers as well. He has the crossovers and we checked and saw that they will in fact fit. Is anyone else on here running components at all 4 corners in an f-body?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:36 AM
12 Second Club

i have a custom comp set in the front and a mb quart comp set in the rear sails and it sounds really good but i do like more sound coming from the front for better sound stage.
if he has em i say use em if he is thinking about spending money i think a coaxial would be fine i keep my fader more tword the front.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i have 6.5 polk components in the rear. really worth it. i like the surrounded by sound feel that you never get with just fronts and putting cheaper speakers in the rear will just hurt sound quality.

was a bit of a bitch to install though. what i did was buy a 6x9 to 6.5 component adapter and put the speakers in that. then i put foam from one of those foam sheets in lowes/home depot around it and put it under the stock grill. i just hacked the holes where stockers were to be bigger. you cant see any difference with the grill on, definitely worth the trouble.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Yep

I have JL comps up front and Alpine comps in the back. Like has already been stated, since he already has em, use em That is why mine are in there and I still have 2 more sets of components laying around