Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

battery getting drained....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default battery getting drained....

ok alt is good. its a new optima red cap battery and ive done the test light thing and have narrowed it down to the "pwraccy" fuse which is 15 amps...

now the problem...my car is a NO OPTION CAR so i dont have any power accessories that i know of... and when i pull the fuse out, the test flight flashes really fast and i can hear a sort of clicking noise coming from the passenger glove compartment area... i have no idea what it is but usually when u pull the fuse to the problem the light should go out? in my case it flashes fast along with this clicking noise.... what the hell is up? it takes forever to charge an optima and damn im getting sick of electrical problems...
Old 05-10-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh might i add...i havent done anything to it took it out of storage and it was dead and never been able to hold a charge since. removed my radio head unit completely also to make sure that had nothing to do with it...
Old 05-10-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok so just noticed that the clicking noise stops when I shut the door... Weird never did that before when I was testing for a draw. Anyways light is still on and pulsing still going by the "pwraccy" fuse... what is linked to that fuse that would cause the test light to pulse??

EDIT: i pulled my gauge cluster out and bam the light finally shut off! has anyone ever heard of the gauge cluster having a short? how can i test the wiring from the connector end to see if there is a current draw?

i put in a different gauge cluster and the light began to pulse again so i know its not my gauge cluster itself but what the hell is causing the test light to pulse and then i remove the cluster and the light is gone???

Last edited by C Murda; 05-10-2009 at 07:10 PM.