Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Factory Alarm

OK before everyone bitches about using a search or using my owners manual been there done that. I have tried several times to enter the program mode but I dont ever hear the chimes. I lost my keys and I am to broke to buy a new key less remote. I guess my question is how do you disarm the system? I am moving in 3 days so I gotta get my ride moving asap. I couldnt ask for a better time to lose my keys.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There is only one way to program the alarm and it requires the ignition key. Turn the ignition on with the key (do not start the car) then turn it off again. Remove the RADIO fuse. After removing the fuse, turn the ignition to the ACCY position (counterclockwise from the OFF position). You should hear either one or two chimes. One chime indicates keyless entry but no alarm. Two chimes indicates the optional factory alarm is installed.

To disable the alarm, press the unlock button on the door. Count the number of chimes. Press and release the unlock button and count the number of chimes until it cycles through the four settings back to number one (one chime). The alarm is now disabled.

Turn the ignition OFF and replace the RADIO fuse.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks I finally got the chimes going. I am having trouble figuring out what mode I am in. I really wish there was an easier way of disarming the alarm.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Wait until after you hear the two chimes to indicate entering programming mode. Then press and release the unlock button on the door. You should hear between one and four chimes. Anything other than one means that the alarm system is activated (the other three settings are just different ways of arming the system). Each time you press and release the unlock button, the system will move to the next setting. Once it reaches setting four, pressing unlock again takes it back to one (alarm disabled). Once you hear that single chime, turn the ignition off and replace the fuse.