Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aux input mod, now no FM radio???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aux input mod, now no FM radio???

I did the Aux input mod and it works great. Now when I try to play FM radio nothing... I can barely hear it, like its there but not loud and a lot of static. Am plays just fine so it's not the antenna, I tried unplugging it and AM stopped working so I know it's in good. What gives? I listen to the radio way more than anything else so this sucks...
The following users liked this post:
2ls1z (06-19-2020)
Old 09-12-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only time i get something like that happening is when the mp3 player's cable is plugged in WITHOUT the mp3 player attached.... also, check your ground on your input jack, that happened to me as well....
Old 09-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything unpluged and the ground is good. This is driving mr crazy. I took it apart and rechecked everything. All conections are solid and nothing dripped on the board. I just don't know enough about these things to know what else to check...
Old 09-13-2009, 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've read about getting a bad input jack as well...maybe?

if AM works but not FM.... i'm not a genius on the matter but, that sounds like you hit somethin wrong on the inside of the Radio despite you saying you didnt splash anywhere.... maybe while you were working you pulled a wire too hard? check the rest of the wires in that plug you cut into and any other plugs you may have removed while doing the install...

Quick Reply: Aux input mod, now no FM radio???