Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

help to build amp rack

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help to build amp rack

I would like to build a amp rack just like the ones subthump used to sale that would mount to the back wall. They don't look very hard to make at all, but would hate to make a wrong cut, which would make the rack look like sh*t. So does anyone have dimensions for this rack that they can provide, this would make my life allot easier and anyone else that would like to build there own.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

the top is more or less a cut by cut piece. Cut a little, test fit, cut some more, test fit. The bottom (or face) is just a rectangle depending on how low you want to go. Again, just do a top piece, go slow with it, then cut the rectangle to match the width of your first piece and the depth u choose.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

This is what mine looked like while being made. if you are going for basic, ignore how mine has "window" holes as mine covers the amps and have plexi inserts. I should have completed pics sunday when i pick the car up from the tuning shop. Yours would be less "thick" since it would not have the the amps between it and the back wall.
Attached Thumbnails help to build amp rack-img00196.jpg   help to build amp rack-img00197.jpg   help to build amp rack-img00198.jpg  
Old 09-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info bmnicolosi. I also have to say, that your amp rack looks great. I going to start my amp rack today and will have to start with a cardboard template that I will need to make and then transfer that over to MDF.

I would like to ask you a question about your amp rack. Your mounting your amps to the back side of the amp rack, how are you securing your rack to the back wall? I would think that your amps would be in the way.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

If u look at the top down view, you can see another piece of wood through the windows. That is screwed to the car then the amps screwed to it. The "pretty" piece is a cover and is preassure fit{very tight fit}. I am going tomorrow morning to pick up the car and i will have some mor epics for you tomorrow night, i hope.