Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

KEE AUDIO, another very satisfied & grateful costumer

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptUSA
I'd call this case closed.

Good work everybody. Now get back to trying to hear your stereo's over my 2-3 shifts.

:shift:
Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!
I actually turn mine down when I get on it to hear the music coming from my pipes!!!
You have to admit though....you got to have your tunes in a hot car.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very pleased with my purchase! And I've bought speakers, sub-woofers, an installation of my 2 din, subwoofer box, and sound deadener from him. even ate burgers with his family and chat'd about F-body's. He is the ONLY one i would consider buying from cause I respect his opinion so much.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hadkin
very pleased with my purchase! And I've bought speakers, sub-woofers, an installation of my 2 din, subwoofer box, and sound deadener from him. even ate burgers with his family and chat'd about F-body's. He is the ONLY one i would consider buying from cause I respect his opinion so much.
What's up man!! Hope all is well with you and yours! Maybe you can make it down for the F-body gathering this year??!!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rec'd my speakers today.

Thanks Ian, for accomodationg special shipping request!

Great service.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eseibel67
Rec'd my speakers today.

Thanks Ian, for accomodationg special shipping request!

Great service.
No problem! Glad I could do that for you!!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

glad to see you have joined the cdt ranks dochidalgo Ian hooked me up with a cdt system last october and wow. Cant get any better then cdt from kee audio.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Ian, can you help us poor soles with verts out with some sort of sub??? As you know trunk mount subs in a vert area kinda useless... if your familiar with home theater, you may know of Aura "Bass Shakers" which are intended to mount under your recliner, wouldn't it be cool if us vert owners could use these under our seat for a better bass response!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm glad to read such a great review of this system. My car is in dire need of some new speakers, and ever since I heard of this package on this board it's been in the back of my mind.

When you installed it, does it just plug into the factory connectors, or did you need to cut any wires?

I'm pretty sure my stock wiring is hacked by one of the previous owners, so I'm hoping I don't need factory connectors. I know for a fact my sail panel speakers are missing and the wires are cut.

I discovered this by accident actually...I always thought my stereo sounded sh!tty, I popped off one of the speaker grates one day while searching for a rattle, and was surprised to find an empty hole. No wonder it sounds like crap!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike
I'm glad to read such a great review of this system. My car is in dire need of some new speakers, and ever since I heard of this package on this board it's been in the back of my mind.

When you installed it, does it just plug into the factory connectors, or did you need to cut any wires?

I'm pretty sure my stock wiring is hacked by one of the previous owners, so I'm hoping I don't need factory connectors. I know for a fact my sail panel speakers are missing and the wires are cut.

I discovered this by accident actually...I always thought my stereo sounded sh!tty, I popped off one of the speaker grates one day while searching for a rattle, and was surprised to find an empty hole. No wonder it sounds like crap!
There is a wiring guide in the Monsoon sticky. Don't need the factory connectors, but I reused the ones in my doors just because it was easier.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Ian, can you help us poor soles with verts out with some sort of sub??? As you know trunk mount subs in a vert area kinda useless... if your familiar with home theater, you may know of Aura "Bass Shakers" which are intended to mount under your recliner, wouldn't it be cool if us vert owners could use these under our seat for a better bass response!
They have them for cars as well. The problem is it just shakes you. No sound is produced at all. You would still need some decent bass coming from a speaker to accent that properly. Otherwise you've just made your seat into a big vibrator. There are of course other benefits to having this function added to your seats....but if it's because of sound...it's not the best option.
Let me brainstorm a bit and see what I can come up with. The rear seat area has shallow depth speakers because of the top but there seems to be a decent amount of distance between the plastic panel and the hole where the speaker is. IF you have a vert can someone give me an estimated distance there and maybe I can come with some kind of mount you could use for a 6.5" sub or something.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, there is a little wiggle room behind the plastic panel. I just had it apart last week. There is a foam backing on the panel that prevents the plastic from breaking if someone leans on it. The foam's about 1" thick.

Problem is, I wouldn't count on using too much of it. I found my car was not symetrical. I installed the slim CDT speakers back there and found that the left side had plenty of room to mount, but on the right side the top mechanism was touching the magnet of the speaker. So I shimmed it out. I used about 3/8" of the available 1" foam spacing.

Convertibles are such a compromise. My car's never been hit, so I expect other cars might also have this problem.

By the way, thanks to again to Ian for all his help. Stereo sounds WAY better than stock.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Question

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
They have them for cars as well. The problem is it just shakes you. No sound is produced at all. You would still need some decent bass coming from a speaker to accent that properly. Otherwise you've just made your seat into a big vibrator. There are of course other benefits to having this function added to your seats....but if it's because of sound...it's not the best option.
Let me brainstorm a bit and see what I can come up with. The rear seat area has shallow depth speakers because of the top but there seems to be a decent amount of distance between the plastic panel and the hole where the speaker is. IF you have a vert can someone give me an estimated distance there and maybe I can come with some kind of mount you could use for a 6.5" sub or something.
Seems like some mdf ring spacers between the speaker/woofer and panels might help for an inch or two but only for those who dont mind cutting their quarter panel trims, I wouldnt has mine have been cut for my lite bar install. So instead of the speakers going under the plastic they would mount on the out side using long screws thru to the original holes, would that work? If so, the next question of how to power (still use monsoon amp?) these bigger speakers comes in play??
Old 04-13-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

I too ordered a CDT system from Ian last year around August. Love it. Although I too still have one issue. Listen to that sweet tune out the rear, or from those wonderful speakers. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. Glad to hear business is good Ian! Keep up the good work.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:13 AM
Staging Lane

You can add my name to the satisfied customer list. Ordered the third level upgrade 5 years ago. Installation was absolutely straightforward and the results get complements literally every time someone new goes for a ride in my TA.

I am just now getting around to adding a 10" woofer and amp, and saw this thread, so I am adding my .02 cents worth. The folks there are​​​knowledgeable and have put together a group of well thought out first class set of packages that install very nicely and sound amazing.

Thanks, Ian!!!

Last edited by Senator; 01-15-2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Add a thank you
Old 01-19-2018, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

KEE is the bomb.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used KEE for my last car. Will definitely use Ian again for my current car. I'm currently shopping a nice clean double din (bluetooth) and factory speaker replacement.

Quick Reply: KEE AUDIO, another very satisfied & grateful costumer