Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

need head unit suggestions..

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default need head unit suggestions..

I'm looking for a HU for my car, and need some help..

I would actually kinda like a double din touch screen with nav etc, but don't like the way double din bezels look in Camaros....they always seem to have a look I don't like, whether its them not being perfectly symmetrical on both sides, not matching the other trim pieces correctly from haveing to be painted, or whatever..

1.5 din seems to be out of the question, since all the 1.5 dins i've seen are older units..

So, what are some good single din units? USB would be nice, but I probably wouldnt use it very much and would probably prefer it to be in the back of the unit (if there's room back there). aux input is basically a must, but since 99% of receivers have them now I don't see that being a problem..

I've already got interior speakers from Kee, I plan on keeping steering wheel controls and sometime in the future adding a stealth box with probably a 10.

So, any suggestions?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alpine CDA-105...everything you want..i have two of them..amazing HU
Old 09-02-2010, 07:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check these out.
http://www.sparksai.com/product-p/vz300.htm

This is a Signle din Clarion Head unit with a 3.5" display, it has front usb (I know you said rear but most single dins will bring them out front) it had a 3.5mm aux input, Plays DVD's, can have a backup camera connected, and even control an iPod. They are $20 off right now and if you use the $25 off of orders $250 or more code LS1TECH25 you can get it for $254 and free shipping.

If you are interested in Navigation but want to avoid double din we have single dins that slide out and you get the full 7" touch screen with nav in a single din unit.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the suggestions, i'll check them out.. i've been looking a little more into double din bezels... the thing is, i've seen a few that look pretty decent and i've seen a few that kinda didnt. Am I the only one that things some of them don't really look perfectly symmetrical on both sides? I know they're hand-made, but i'd like it to look as factory as possible.