Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

driving/turn signal light problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driving/turn signal light problem...

here it goes: when my head lights are off my passenger side driving/turn signal light is off. when i turn the headlights on, it comes on, even though it's not as bright. and my right turn signal isn't blinking either. i changed the front bulbs and even sprayed the socket out with CRC and no change. i need to replace the ones on the front fenders and maybe one of the tail lights has gone out. so is the bulbs in the tail lights all the same? and after i changed them all and it is still doing the same thing, then what?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 262 Likes on 226 Posts

The front DRL/turn signal/parking lights are dual filament bulbs. They have a dim filament for the parking lights that is on only when the headlights are on and they have a bright filament used for daytime running lights and turn signals. So... the fact that they produce light when the headlights are on doesn't mean they're not burned out. You either have a burned out bulb, a bad socket, or a broken wire going to the right front light. This is what is causing your turn signal not to flash. A test light or multimeter will tell you if you have power reaching the socket.