Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

headunit/sub question

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 02:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default headunit/sub question

Okay so im trading my old rear end for a sub/box and h/u and have no idea how to wire everything into the car. I know its an older sony head unit and an orion P10D4 sub with passanger well hidden box. I gotta figure out an amp for this still also.

Are there connectors or adapters or what to get the headunit to work. Im kinda audio dumb and have no real idea what im doing.

Does having the battery in the back in the main well create a problem as far as amp mounting. i know you cant run signal wire and power wire next to eachother or you get static.

gah i hate been a noob lol
Old 09-13-2010, 09:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will just want to get the Dash Kit, wiring harness, and antenna adapter to get the Head unit up and running. As far as the amp, as long as you aren't running $.99 bargin bin RCA's you shouldn't have a lot of worries about interferance. A good solid Ground is what will be the most important for keeping line noise out of your sub. When doing an install I like to turn the car on and go around with a multimeter and test for voltage. You want your ground wire short and you want pretty much 0 volts where ever it gets grounded to.