Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problem w/ seq tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem w/ seq tail lights

Hey all, I am having a minor issue w my sequential tail lights. Whats happening is that when I have my headlights on, or even just my fogs, the outside bulb on the right side will not light up with the turn signal or brake lights. Replaced bulb even though i didn't think that was the problem and I was right. Didn't help. Any ideas, everything is wired up right, I will double check to make sure though. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Did you replace the outer socket and bulb with dual filament when you installed the sequential turn signals? The outer bulb comes from the factory with only one filament used for running lights. It has no brighter second filament for brakes and turn signals. So it has to be replaced with a dual filament bulb and corresponding socket to make the sequential signals work properly.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Launching!

yeah you must use a socket like the other ones have...
Old 10-22-2010, 07:14 PM

who makes kits to do this to the lights? an does it come with the daul socket or can u jus buy a factory one like the main brake light bulb?
Old 10-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

Damn, it never even crossed my mind i needed a dual filament bulb as my replacement. Definitely checking that tomm, I'm guessing that is my prob. Thanks guys.